EdwardJones salespersons go door to door...

by Confucious 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Just interesting...

And by the way... I applaud these guys. If you want money - go work for it.

Anyway...

From Wall Street Journal:

MONETT, Mo. -- At least three times a week, Jim Haston puts on a suit and tie and goes door-to-door in this town of 7,500. He's pitching investments during the chilliest of bear markets.

In the 13 months since he started working the streets, Mr. Haston, 41 years old, has had dozens of doors slammed in his face. He has climbed a tree to rescue a stranded child. He has walked through summer heat and below-freezing winter weather. He has also attracted $2.1 million in new assets.

"I get nervous all the time," says Mr. Haston, a financial adviser for St. Louis investment firm Edward Jones. He sometimes breaks out in a sweat in his gleaming green 2001 Chevy pickup before he walks up to a house.

In the midst of the worst stock market since the 1930s, Edward Jones has been growing the old-fashioned way: knocking on doors. The company is unrivaled in that business. Whereas other securities firms are shrinking, its 12,000-broker force has added 998 brokers this year. It plans to add another 5,000 by 2012, according to Jim Weddle, the firm's chief executive.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Fuller brushes, Electrolux vacuums and Crackpot religion, all have a place at the doorstep.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

He might do better by hitting the ski slopes, That's where people with money are right now.

Everytime I went skiing out west there was always a stock broker on the trip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit