Welcome Mostly Dead

by cameo-d 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It seems that Mostly Dead just made her very first post on the board since joining on 7-17-2008.

Mostly, welcome! And I hope you can be revived here.

Cameo-d

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Thank you! It's much easier to post on this new site for a non-IE user, which accounts for the long time between joining and posting. That and my own hesitancy to do more than read. All the voices that make up this forum have helped me sort through the mess in my own mind and I really want to thank everybody for that.

It's one thing to take yourself physically away from the Kingdom Hall, quite another to go seek validation for your reasons for leaving. It took the better part of five years before I went looking for that, and this site was the first one I found. I don't think I could have found a better, funnier, more intelligent group of people than you all here. I'm glad to finally get to say hello!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board!

purps

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Welcome. I like the screen name and avatar.

"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It's one thing to take yourself physically away from the Kingdom Hall, quite another to go seek validation for your reasons for leaving. It took the better part of five years before I went looking for that, and this site was the first one I found. I don't think I could have found a better, funnier, more intelligent group of people than you all here.

Hey, don't feel bad. I was df'd in 1988 before the existence of the Internet, and it took me 13 years until I finally stumbled across my aposta-kindred spirits. And agreed, the people here are, by far, the funniest, smartest crowd! Welcome, and please tell us your story.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I welcomed you on your first post, but I'm happy you got your own thread! Hearty hello and welcome to posting!

Love,
    Baba.

• PEC
    PEC

Philip

• shamus100
    shamus100

Now what makes you think we're funny?

We're all addicted to sex, cocaine, and alcohol. I regularly spank my cat, and worship satan daily. Life is good.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome, Mostly Dead!

It's good having you on board.

CoCo

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Thanks everybody for the greetings!

My story…well, it's long and many parts of it are very difficult for me to talk about. The Reader's Digest version is this: I was raised in the "truth" but there was sexual abuse happening in the home by my father who was also an elder. I've experienced first hand the elder's "one witness" brush off. My father has somehow managed to escape congregational and/or legal action at least 3 times now in the last 20 years. I waited on Jehovah for a long time, but finally I couldn't wait anymore. My faith started unraveling and I decided that I couldn't continue defending a God that would let children be spiritually damaged beyond repair, only to condemn them to eternal death for not being able to wrap their minds around worshipping him.

So that was my decision, to stop defending him and allow myself to see what I see and know what I know. Of course, I spent the next few years being a corpse in waiting. I'd been told all my life that I'd live forever and I knew that was never going to happen now. Eventually, I came to terms with Armageddon and my own mortality, realized that there were some things more important than my own neck and went back to school to receive my "bullet in the head" the hardest and best thing I've ever done in my life! Last summer, I found this site and all of you who have thought so many of the same things I've thought, and so much beyond that.

The thing I appreciate the most about this forum is being reminded of all the doctrinal changes over the course of the years. I'm astounded at how much I used to "know" but have dutifully forgotten to make way for "new light." I'm very grateful that there are so many who do remember and collectively present such a compelling body of evidence, complete with excellent documentation from the Society's own publications. I can't think of anything more necessary for a good reality check.

Anyway, as shamus100 says, life is good, and SacrificialLoon, it's nice to find another Miracle Max admirer! Thank you all very much for the warm welcome, and I look forward to talking to you in the forums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit