Some Apostles Still Alive Today?

by sacolton 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

Were his angels in that transfiguration?

S

• logic
    logic

This is just my personal opinion, but I have sided with the preterist on this. After reading the works of Josepheus, especially

the war of the jews. I feel that people are looking forward to something in the future that took place before 70 Ad.

Things foretold in the old testament are actually described as happening by Josepheus. The destruction of Jerusalem

was the end. I think all christians should read the works of Joshepheus along with the bible. Things start to make sense

if you do. If you read the book of revelation and imagine it was written before 70 ad then it makes sense.

One of the main reasons I believe all this is because of the urgency spoken of throughout the new testament.

and no mention of the past destruction of Jerusalem. It seems to me that if Jerusalem was destroyed that it would

have been mentioned by the writers..

I have not come to any conclusions on the furture, past that except what is mention in the last chapter of Rev. I just

have a lot of theories. But one thing I am sure of is that Jesus said he would be with believers always.

Of course I came to this conclusion for a lot more information that this . But it I think everyone should research this aspect of

bible phrophecy.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Please read Matthew 24 again. Read Mark 13 as well.

The disciples ask Jesus when would be and what would be the sign of,

A. the temple being destroyed

B. Christ's coming

C. close of the age.

Jesus gave the answer. He answered in a way that shows that all three events would happen at the same time.

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD.

Look at Hebrews 8:13

At the time when the disciples asked their questions of Matthew 24 the temple was still standing. The old covenant was becoming obsolete and ready to vanish away. But it hadn't yet.

So when they ask "what will be the sign of.....the close of the age" what age were they in at that time?

The old covenant age. When was the end of this age?

Again, this happened in 70 AD with the destruction of the temple.

The "coming of Christ" of Matthew 24 happened in 70 AD and that is how "some people standing here will not experience death until they see the kingdom of God arrive with power"

Peace

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's the key to understanding thatscripture:

It's baloney.

Glad to help!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Except he didn't return on a white horse with his angels. This hasn't happened yet.

• Satanus
    Satanus

bob

a and c, yes. b didn't happen in 70. It hasn't happened, it ain't happening. Well, unless you get into figurative, antitypical, symbolic, spiritually, heavenly, classism, or other such evasions.

S

• bob1999
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

"seeing the kingdom of god" is an internal vision.

It is seeing past the lies and deceit of religion. It is when you realize that when all the rules and punishments that religion teaches are stripped away, the truth emerges. When you realize that love for one another is the only thing that can bring change, then you have seen the kingdom of 'god'.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Sacolton,

The verses are prophecies that will be fulfilled in the kingdom after such men are resurrected. The idea of tasting death in this kingdom is the opposite of coming to life like in this verse: 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is because, now that our Lord arrived human human death was likened to just sleeping. There was now real hope not just a promise. So the status of such men before God is now the issue facing them.

Joseph

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Any help with this?

The bible says alot of stuff that isn't true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit