"Adams Punnishment"

by cluless 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cluless
    cluless

Im confused. Assuming genesis is a true account of creation the stronger Adam loved Eve the less meaning life without her would have. Therefore Adam chose his death over life without her. (This was his freewill). And where in the account does it say Adam committed a sin in doing this and eating from the tree? Matter of fact God stated Adam would eatof the tree at some stage 2v17 "...for in the day thou eatest there of thou shall surley die"..... (Statement not question)

I do not understand why God punnished Adam the way he did in 3v17 and why yhis punnishment has effected so many blameless generations?

To clarify my thinking,

A. Adam was commanded not to eat from a tree or he would die.

B. The circumstances arose where he chose to eat from the tree and die.

To my understanding he chose non-existence to life without Eve. Why could God simply not respect that choice?

Iwould value any suggestions I have over looked that justify Gods actions.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Therefore Adam chose his death over life without her.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav’n of hell, a hell of heav’n.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Because he listened to the B@#$. Women are so dirty and awful. He ate the fruit that she offered. Of course, it's not his fault. You see, Adam was like the first drug addict on earth - he blamed everything on everyone else, and decided that he had no personal responsibility. And god punished Eve more (because god thought that it was more her fault... it couldn't be all ADams fault because he has a penis) by making childbirth nearly unbearable. That horrid woman.

Men are so awesome! We're blameless. We can beat women and you all had better damned well wait on Jehovah to save your marriage, you dirty dirty girls.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

As God said in Genesis, Adam needed a helper.

For us alone
    Was death invented? Or to us denied
    That intellectual food, for beasts reserved?
    For beasts it seems: yet that one beast which first
    Hath tasted, envies not, but brings with joy
    The good befall'n him, author unsuspect,
    Friendly to man, far from deceit or guile.
    What fear I then, rather what know to fear
    Under this ignorance of good and evil,
    Of God or death, of law or penalty?
    Here grows the cure of all, this fruit divine,
    Fair to the eye, inviting to the taste,
    Of virtue to make wise: what hinders then
    To reach, and feed at once both body and mind?

• oompa
    oompa
    clueless: ..for in the day thou eatest there of thou shall surley die"..... (Statement not question)
    I do not understand why God punnished Adam the way he did in 3v17 and why yhis punnishment has effected so many blameless generations?

hey you have this pretty much figured out.....it is a bunch of crappy old stories that make no sense!....there was another tree in the frikkin garden?.....and these two chose to hide cause somehow they now feel nudity is bad????...wtf did they not get their neked arses over to the tree of life???....cmon.....too stupid simple!.......and ya...if god has chosen to cause all this suffering on all mankind for the sin of super great grandpa......then he is a real asshole!......i think there is even scriptures that say that future generations should not be faulted for the sins of their forefathers......oompa

• beksbks
    beksbks

So I gather that what you are asking, is why didn't he just snuff Adam, as opposed to driving them out into misery?

• shamus100
    shamus100

That picture posted above is sooo hot.

• oompa
    oompa

i really like an earlier recent thread...that God gave the good ol sword to mankind!.....so we could kill each other more effeciently for centuries....no sword until the flaming one guarding eden.......lmao......thanks god.......oompa

• shamus100
    shamus100

Beseks,

that would be too easy. Watching people suffer and die is very interesting and fun.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Indeed Shamus. Like pulling wings off of flies, or burning ants under a microscope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit