I finally got it up!

by purplesofa 23 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks HappyDad.

could someone send me a message so I can make sure it works.

Well I sent myself a message and it worked.

But want to see if someone else can.

thanks,

purps

• I quit!
    I quit!

I like the colors on the website. Your art work is great but I wasn't sure how to navigate through the site. I notice the pictures advanced by hitting the pause/play button. Anyway it look very cool and I wish you luck with it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

How long does it take you to draw one of your pictures? Are these drawing all the same size? I was also wondering if you did artwork while you were a witness and a if you did how did they react to it? I hope I didn't fire too many questions at you.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Some only take about an hour, I worked on one for a week, that's the longest I have worked on one.

They are all realitively the same size.

I did not start drawing until I was about a year out fading.

I shared some drawings with my best JW friend and she was not impressed.

At that time I got alot of request for tattoos, my drawings then looked more like tattoo art.

She liked one drawing of some flowers with a sun and it said sunshine on it....LOL, it was the only one

my JW mom liked too, come to think of it. I think they like what they think is appropriate.

There is more stuff here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=399244684 if you are interested.

Click on photos then art........... Hopefully I can figure how to Download these pics and others to the purpledoodle site.

purps

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have always liked your doodles but the Photoshop chrome-and-shadowing effect really took them to another level. You should try out other media and ways of reproducing your designs in new ways -- Photoshop might just be the start of transforming your designs beyond pen-and-ink.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Leo,

A huge thanks to seven006 r transforming the drawings with photoshop. I would have never thought of it in a million years.

plus, he has the patience of a saint, don't let that gruffness on the board fool you.

poppers, thanks for catching the spelling error. My friend was kind enough to do all that for me and I read over it and never would have caught it.

purps

edited to add: the pics seven worked on are at my myspace page

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Your artwork is amazing. Some of it reminds me of the cover of the "Hissing Fauna" album by Of Montreal.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thank-you to the mystery person that tested to see if the email was working properly on the purpledoodles site.

purps

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I think the website looks great Leslie...I love to look at your artwork.

Leslie

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is great! I think if you are serious about display of your talent then you are better off going beyond myspace and getting your own domain. Myspace is great for networking and getting visibility, but has really poor layout and is too busy for display of visual media.

I like the clean simple layout of your site, and the color scheme. People who prefer the warmer colors or bright pages may not like it so well, but you can't please everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit