by IP_SEC 21 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

No, I never did order one. Nope, never.

Ever.

Nope.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That is the most disgusting commercial I have yet seen. "On the front, the frosted Twin Towers stand out against a mirror-like background, much as they did in the gleaming sunlight of that fateful morning". I feel like saying to the TV, F-U for making a cheap buck on the memories of that day. Maybe someone can take it to the target range and blow a hole into the hunk of metal. "The frosted Twin Towers have a big goddamed hole in them, much as they did in the gleaming sunlight of that fateful day."

• shamus100
    shamus100

That is the most disgusting commercial I have yet seen. "On the front, the frosted Twin Towers stand out against a mirror-like background, much as they did in the gleaming sunlight of that fateful morning". I feel like saying to the TV, F-U for making a cheap buck on the memories of that day. Maybe someone can take it to the target range and blow a hole into the hunk of metal. "The frosted Twin Towers have a big goddamed hole in them, much as they did in the gleaming sunlight of that fateful day."

So you're saying you don't want to buy mine?

• I quit!
    I quit!

Why would I want to do that. I can get twice that amount (74 cents) for my 20 dollars in the stock market.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Some people are making a killing selling Zimbabwe Dollars on ebay. Well maybe not a killing but selling them for a lot more than they're worth.

You could be a Zimbabwe trillionare for under $100 USD.

• LDH
    LDH

I always like how they use ".999 silver leaf" or "pure gold clad" for these things

yeah about as "authentic" as the "official Liberian currency."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Note that it is uncirculating Liberian legal tender.

That stupid commercial still gets me. The Frosted Twin Towers .... yum, yum, makes me want to pour milk all over them and gobble them up!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was livid when I saw this same company selling their coins on TV here, claiming the silver was from the WTC. They claimed victims families were to receive part of the proceeds. I wonder if the families ever saw a cent from them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avram_C._Freedberg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Collectors_Mint

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya I think disgusting pretty much sums it up for me too. I dont understand how you cant show boobs on tv but you can have a commercial like this.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The Frosted Twin Towers .... yum, yum, makes me want to pour milk all over them and gobble them up!

They're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

But yeah, I've seen this before on TV. Pathetic. Sad that people go for this crap.

There's another one where they are selling Morgan Silver Dollars (hey, at least it's actual US currency). They show a graph of how the price of silver has "skyrocketed" to $20 an ounce. Of course they don't reveal that the graph ends at March 08 when silver was at its peak. No need to tell people it has since dropped to less than $11 an ounce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit