Could the "Memorial" night and number of partakers be all fake?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jws
    jws

Of course, even without falsifying numbers, articles in the Watchtower are going to drive those numbers up or down too.

Nobody "knows" they're of the annointed 144,000 because there's no such thing. It's all in their minds. But the Society knows all to well how to maniuplate that.

If they want the numbers to go down, they publish articles saying "It's REALLY unlikely that you're one of the annointed because....".

If they want the numbers to go up, they publish articles like the ones above saying in essence, we may have been wrong about 1935, so it's possible you could be one of the annointed. Those with delusions of granduer will use that information to see what they want to see in themselves.

• moshe
    moshe

We are down to a small handful of WW1 veterans who were all born around 1900 and are part of the real 1914 generation. They would also be a typical age of the annointed who were supposedly sealed in 1935. In reality the average age of that group would probably be older than these veterans. The annoined sister I was aquainted with in 1973 was almost 90 years old and everyone in the congregation who was anointed would be considered in the frail elderly class today. Based on an actuary's informal report I obtained around 1984 the true number of anointed would have been no more than 2000-3000 individuals not 8500. The downward trend suddenly leveled off around 1967-70 which was the same time period that JW's were trying to "stay alive until 1975". The elders did not like my report and neither did the WT Society who told me to "lip it" when I wrote to them about my concerns over the numbers of Memorial partakers. I wish I still had a copy of that letter I wrote back then to Brooklyn.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember all the numbers from the late 1980s were around 8500. I never saw it drop below 8,000 partakers. And now it has climbed just short of 10,000--there is no way there could be more anointed now than in the late 1980s, if most of the slots were taken before 1935.

And, their deletion of 1935 makes no sense. I believe they had more than 144,000 just before 70 AD, and that means anyone that claims to be anointed is completely misled. Unless, that is, the number is symbolic or there is another class of people that are supposedly going to go to heaven. Or, if Christianity itself is on faulty footing and the whole thing needs to be scrapped.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The only thing that is real is the wine......

• processor
    processor

This graph shows the actual number of memorial partakers (blue) and an "expected" value that I calculated based on actual mortality statistics - from Germany, though. If we assume that Germany's life expectance is above average, the green line should be even lower.

It is noticeable that the number dropped steeply until ~ 1970, but since then it remained nearly constant.

BTW, here is only memorial partaker graph:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit