(Knock Knock) Who's there?

by Coded Logic 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

"If God inspired the Bible as his perfect word - why did he not keep it as his perfect word?"

-Bart Ehrman (Textual Scholar)

• DJS
    DJS

As I've stated before, I would be extremely polite, thank them for their visit and tell them I wasn't interested. Not in a million years would I attempt to start a biblical discussion with a dub or to think that I could (or even wanted to) get them 'thinking'. This is what I have done the handful of times they have come to my house in FS.

Once I was in my garage waxing my car and two dubs approached me. They were pleasant as was I. They pursued a bit when I kindly told them I wasn't interested. I briefly mentioned that I had been a dub, appreciated and understood what they were doing but I had moved on beyond that. They thanked me and left; a good time was had by all.

Different strokes, but I can't imagine any universe where I would attempt to have a religious discussion with anyone, especially dubs. And I don't give a flying eft what they believe any longer. It is almost impossible to get ex-dubs on this site to truly open their minds; thinking that I could get a current dub to do so approaches the impossible.

And I would rather wax my car.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    I would kindly tell them that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses and am happier for it!!  I never knew enough to talk at the doors when I would go out in service.  I LOVED the tract work, because I didn't have to talk at the door.  Was too fearful that someone would ask me to defend my faith and when I would not be able to, I depended on my partner to do the talking!  Which is why I liked to work with the pioneers!  They were all too eager to come to my aid!  lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit