Is it just me, or does this new site style seemed cluttered?

by inkling 11 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling

I allready miss the style of the old JWD.

It seems like there are way more ads here, and the thread lists

and trees seem cluttered and hard to scan.

Is is just me?

[inkling] <--- "the slightly luddite"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I like the quick reply at the bottom. I like having all the formatting in Opera. Overall, I think it's a win-win. Well, maybe except JWN crashing my browser, that was kinda unexpected.

• Simon
    Simon

I will have to have a look into Opera ... it's the one browser I don't use.

I will be adjusting the ads to have a balanace between ease of use and revenue to support the site. For example, the topic listing pages (subjects and active) may have the small link type ads instead of the bigger banners and I will try some alternatives with the topic ads.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

there are way more ads here,

and ads are in french, just for me, those advertisers are so kind and thoughtful...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think it might take just a little bit of adjustment, like most things....but give it a few weeks of regular use and I think it won't seem as cluttered as it may seem now.

• Simon
    Simon

I still have to get some of the spacing between elements correct (eg. the page links sometimes squash against the table or ads) and these contribute to the denser feel.

I will probably add some alternative layout options at some point but am busy with the other features for now.

• ferret
    ferret

I like the format of JWD better, I guess it will take time to get used to this neww site.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I like the fact that the new style limits page width. I always found it annoying when the scroll bar showed up along the bottom of the screen. Already I have seen one instance where that happened on JWD that was corrected on JWN.

Dave

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I also think it looks cluttered, but I love how easy it is to reply. It is awesome!!!

Leslie

• free2beme
    free2beme

I don't know, I can not post on that site. Tried, but it did not work. I may have to creat another profile or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit