Describe The Jehovah's Witness Community

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

In the KH I grew up in back in the 70's, those people were very tight. It was a rural, farming community. But as the area has grown and developed, it has become less and less friendly and caring.

In all of the subsequent congs. I attended after leaving home, the people were cold, callous, and cruel. One of our CO's, Carl Hardesty, said that his wife hated it when they came to our cong. because the people were so cold and rude.

This group is very, very selfish. Their goal is to live forever in paradise, no matter who they have to step on (or bury) to do it. It's not about doing good for others. It's not about worshipping God or praising Him. It's about doing what they're told so they can live in a mansion and live the good life for eternity. It's all about materialism. The kind of people this appeals to are not warm and fuzzy people. They are cutthroats, just like people in the "real" world who are trying to see just how much stuff they can amass for themselves. Those type of people, in the Borg or in the World, are in love with themselves and fulfilling their own wants and desires (even at the cost of their entire families) and selfish people don't look out for others.

StAnn

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

My description? Forced smiles with fear and panic in their eyes.

There are indeed wonderful people in the congregations. But I think they were wonderful people in spite of being a Witness, not because of it. And frankly, I do believe that every one of those wonderful people would be even more wonderful if they were NOT a Witness.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

BabyYaga:

I agree with your whole post.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It started out with a reasonable number of events outside the boasting sessions, back in the late 1980s. However, these events got phased out. All that was left was boasting sessions, field circus, and studying the Washtowels.

• minimus
    minimus

It is disgusting to see older ones cast by the wayside.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Deluded!

xxx SC

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Conditional...

• minimus
    minimus

good morning little school girl-10 yrs. after

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Good morning Minimus...love the topics!

• recovering
    recovering

I have to describe them as misguided trolls.The absalute they exercise over their members is so sad. I have a terrible relationship with my family due to their control techniques.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit