Why do we still refer to it as the "truth"?

by Newborn 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Gives me shivers

Let's just call it for what it is: A BIG DAMNLIE!!!!!

Any other good names? (Anything except the "truth" please)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That is what I call it "The Lie", but occasionally I still use that term, but I put it in parenthesis, I definitely don't believe it is the truth at all.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Because we can't keep refering to it as "the Bullshit"....

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

D eception, Fraudulence

• Satanus
    Satanus

It leaves your system in phases. Early on, people may still use that term. After a while, we stop using most of the terms, or make fun of them, because wt lingo is revolting to us. That's because those terms were the control buttons for the programming we got from the wt. Say a wt control word and a tape starts playing in the jw's mind. Some people eventually move beyond leave everything wt behind. Some of us can't leave it totally and carry on w discussion boards, like this.

S

• Twitch
    Twitch

because you haven't found one more to your liking,...;)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I always thought it was spelled "troof".

• blondie
    blondie

It takes time and a conscious effort to adjust your vocabulary. I call it Watchtower doctrines or beliefs. I have been around inactive/df'd/da/d jws that still refer to it as "the truth" because they still believe it is the best humans have to offer to worship God, despite much abuse and unloving treatment by jws.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I regard "the truth" as some as a trademark. Something like referring to a Big Mac!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I don't.

Very first thing I "unconditioned" myself from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit