Drugs and Alcohol Ruin Your Life

by campaign of hate 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Part of the WT indoctrination is a self-destruct mechanism--leaving the cult will cause us to become an alcoholic, immoral, our family will fall apart, and everything will go so wrong that we may die or wish that we'd die.

As mentioned by others, there are plenty of active JWs that are a mess. With the fear, obligation, and guilt that's heaped on JWs, they can't reason how WT is the real source of unhappiness in their lives.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

There is a certain irony at work here, as alcohol abuse is rife amongst the JWs (noted already by others).

The "pioneer" brother who introduced me to the JW religion was very fond of his booze, and he also introduced me to the habit of boozing. I award him full marks as a teacher - he made a bloody good job of doing both! (From a kid who never used to touch the stuff beforehand).

There is simply no need to "Leave the Truth" in order to become addicted to the brown bottle:

- opportunities there are aplenty within "God's Organisation" to achieve that very status!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit