What iz so amazing to me!

by moman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• moman
    moman

There iz lots of talk about whats wrong with the WT,and I must say most of the posters convey intelligent & logical thoughts sprinkled with good witt & humor! However can't the WT just be summed up in just 2 words= FALSE PROPHETS? So simple to prove.

Question #1) Did they PROPHESY? Answer: Yes

#2) Did it come TRUE? Answer: NO

#3) Did they do it in Gods name? Answer: Yes

#4) Do they fit the bibles def. for FALSE PROPHETS (Deu
    18:22)? Answer: Yes

So, the question iz: Do you want to follow FALSE PROPHETS?
    And the ANSWER should be... HELL NO!

END OF SUBJECT

-fastone-

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

moman - brilliantly put, will print this out and put it somewhere for future reference when I hear that knock at the door......

Put in this way it is all so clear isn't it?! Thanks.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Moman,

Question #1) Did they PROPHESY? Answer: Yes

Of course, the latest WTS view of themselves is that they never were 'prophets' in the Biblical sense of the word, they are 'interpreters' of Biblical prophecy, and as such would probably prefer the term 'false interpreters'!

HS

• moman
    moman

hillary, perhaps you didn't read this:
    "As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of his first century Christen congregation so he does today by means of the present-day Christian congregation. Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an intensified scale. All this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind it. The abundance of spiritual food and the amazing details of Jehovaha's purposes that have been revealed to Jehovaha's anointed witnesses are clear evidence that they are the ones mentioned by Jesus when he fortold a "faithful and descreet slave" class that would be used to despence God's revelations in these last days." (W64 6/15 p 365)

There are many more, any questions?
    -fastone-

• You Know
    You Know

It amazes me that some people can be so stupid to fall for such shallow reasoning. I don't know if Ray Franz originated the idea that the Watchtower is a false prophet, certainly he popularized it. The pathetic thing is that apostates imagine themselves to be free thinkers, all the while gulping down and regurgitating the line that Ray Franz has fed them. The most pitiful thing is that you are so puffed up with nonsense that apostates actually feel sorry for Jehovah's Witnesses because we haven't been enlightened the same as you. LOL / You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Moman,

Of course I am aware of all the quotations regarding the 'prophet-like' status of the WTS in the past. The quotation that you posted is from a '64 W/Tower. You will be hard put to find a quotation within the past 20 years that is similar in content to the one you quoted.

They now view themselves as 'interpreters' of scriptures not prophets.

There are many more, any questions?
    Well, only one. Why did you not read my post with greater care? Please note what I actually wrote.
    Of course, the latest WTS view of themselves is that they never were 'prophets' in the Biblical sense of the word, they are 'interpreters' of Biblical prophecy.
    .I am speaking of the WTS present view of themselves and their role.

As they have changed their understanding about their role in the area of 'prophesying' your argument may have been valid in 1964 but will not survive now.

Best regards -- HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

YK,

I actually sympathise with some of your sentiments on this issue, however the WTS has themselves in recent years distanced itself from its historical stance of 'prophesying', or being 'prophet like', and taken the role of 'interpreters' which is the accurate one.

HS

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Sorry brother U-NO! I read the false prophets reasoning in half a dozen apostate books before I ever heard of Ray Franz.
    The only reason Raymond "popularized" it among ex dubs is because he covered the subject more extensively in "Crisis"than had been done before. It does get tiresome hearing more False Prophet reasoning on this board though, i admit.
    First time I ever tried the false prophecy reasoning on a committed Jehovahs I was very disappointed,nothing will open the mind of the committed,only the waverers are affected by it.
    Its interesting to notice that our Lords Matthew 24 prophecy mentions the pervasiveness of false prophecy some 3 (4?)times, whereas earthquakes are only mentioned once.

• moman
    moman

Hillary, can you tell me the differance between a FALSE PROPHET & a BIBLE INTERPRETER?
    A "bible interpreter" that also haz Jehovaha's spirit & iz a "chosen class" the "faithful & descrete slave" the "144,000".
    Didn't the bible writers say they "were born along by holy spirit", whats the differance, just WORDING,but the INTENT iz the same!
    -fastone-

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Eddie,

A Biblical Prophet requires the intervention of an external force, God, whereas an interpreter merely translates the prophecy.

For example the 'disgusting thing than causes desolation' is the prophecy given to Daniel. Christ's admonition to use discernment in understanding the prophecy is an instruction to the interpreters. These days the WTS define themselves as the 'interpreters' not the 'prophets'.

Biblical Prophets claim to be 'borne along by Holy Spirit', so that their prophecies in Scripture cannot be flawed, an interpreter would suggest that his view of a prophetic application was the correct one.

Of course, we all know that the ‘disgusting thing that causes desolation is Rod Stewart’, at least that is my interpretation of the prophecy!

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit