First "Big Meeting" for our hall was tonight

by Iwonder17 23 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Very interesting observations, thanks for sharing.

One of the things I didn't think of at all was the from the children perspective. The Watchtower essentially has nothing built into their "worship" structure that allows participation for children. Comments at the book study where basically the only thing they had going.

Making this change is an obvious indication that the Watchtower does not care about "comments". They could have actually taken a chance with a new meeting structure, possibly giving a bit more flexibility especially their youth. What they did instead was simply shift some things around. My guess is that if these meetings continue to go as you guys have described moral (what's left of it) will be heavily effected. Eventually the Watchtower will be forced to make a change with this arrangement. Going on my own intuition, i would guess that this arrangment lasts no where near as long as the previous. Possibly even a few years or even one.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Mine was last night.

Went out to dinner instead.

Then Drank Champagne.

Then watched the ball drop.

Then set off fireworks.

My wife woke up this morning and won't admit it but realizes she celebrated New Years instead of going to a meeting.

• yknot
    yknot

Yes an hour and 45 minutes is too long~

No children were called on either~

One family was sick but still attended, now a quarter of the congregation is sick too (yknot reaches for another tissue)

Appreciated the 1st conductor (my ole BS conductor) who made a point to 'encourage' scriptural citations to be used in all comments~

He had managed to cut enough of the answers to read all bible citations from the paragraphs and asked congregation to ponder these things deeper during our new 'family study night'. Concluded with encouraging us to continue to study deeply the new publications so as to keep our FS conversations appropriate.

All of the KM was forgetable.... I paid attention to the insert questions but phased out over the review.

Again meeting is too long, and too boring..... gonna need to cut more.... or just havie us do like the Lutherans/Episc and have us repeat unified answers ......

Lutheran/Epics congregation says to Pastor...... ""And also with you""

JW R&F say to Elder Conductor....."" So provideth the Slave "", ""Appreciation of spiritual abundance timely given by the Slave"", ""Absolute avoidance, saith the Slave""

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Ynot:

You're killing me. That's hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit