in jesus' name

by logic 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic
    logic

Something I keep wondering about. If we should pray in jesus' name, then why was his name not mentioned in the lords model prayer. In fact Gods name is not mentioned. Can someone enlighten me on this.

• heathen
    heathen

He may not have said it in the, "lords prayer", but he did tell the people that they should ask in his name and it would be granted them , noone gets to the father but through the son . Jesus being the mediator of the new covenant is the only way to approach the father , without the son you don't have the father ... All kinds of scripture points to why you should use jesus name .

• dogon
    dogon

Why pray in the first place. When you walk around and talk to god through an old pop can you are called crazy, take away the pop can and suddenly you are a spiritual person. Personaly I think you may as well use the pop can.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, logic.

I think that your question is reasonable.
    But I do not know the answer.

About the divine name, it has not appeared in the New Testament itself.
    It has suggested that Jesus did not use it.

If we should pray in jesus' name, then why was his name not mentioned in the lords model prayer.

Isn't that because it is strange that Jesus says, "I pray through my name"?

And I think that Jesus is "I AM" himself.
    He does not need to pray through someone.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Enlightment! Enlightment! poof! Did you recieve it yet?

Maybe you need to stay in your room until the enlightment hits!

Okay! let me think! hmmmm.

According to the JDubs Jesus is called Michael, so why say Jesus when he is now Michael. That name has past! All JDUB know think he is Michael.

How about this one! Why say Amen! Maybe because he is The Amen in Revelation 3:14!

Did you see a flash of light yet? hmm my powers are failing me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why waste the time to pray at all? Jehovah only answers the first three articles in the model prayer, and those are all things He benefits from. It would be stupid for Him to not do them just because I refused to pray for them. The other 4 things are personal items, and we have to work for them if we are to get them at all (and sometimes that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag sabotages it anyways, even after we prayed for them).

If you are going to waste the time to pray at all, why not pray to Jesus himself? Or Satan, for that matter? It has about the same probability of being properly answered either way.

• wobble
    wobble

Jesus said "I am the Way the truth and the Life,nobody comes to the father except through me"

I think that is the basis for the dubs trying to give their strange almost scripted prayers a kind of validity by uttering the Mantra at the end "through Jesus Christ blah blah"

Does prayer work? try it and see.

Love

Wobble

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

When the NWT says that Jesus would receive a name above every [other] name, is that name Michael?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Before being killed, Stephen made one last prayer: "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!"

I think that says it all.

• heathen
    heathen

depends on how you look at the statement made by stephen . The WTBTS believes the word spirit is just another word for life not that stephen was being resurrected to spirit life at that time . He realized he was going to die as a martyr thus guaranteeing a spot in the kingdom .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit