Last JW contact.

by strawberry cake 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Just received a phone call from a JW friend(unbaptised publisher). We had previously planned for her son aged 7 to come and spend the day with mine. When she phoned she said, 'he can't come, as he talks too much' He has obviously told someone that he is coming to see us on Saturday.

You see before I was disassociated, I was her study conductor and 'aunty' to her little boy, and he's known me all his life and spent a lot of time at my home, and on days out with our family. So he has been pleading with his mum to come and see us.

Interestingly, when an elder visited recently,(after bumping into me leaving her home) he told my friend that she shouldn't have any contact with me. Her son overheard and said 'why not? sister J is nice lady!' When she told me this, I laughed.( out of the mouth of babes!) At first my friend was very upset with this elders orders and refused to go to meetings for about a month. Now, however, she is back and I think due to her eldest son becoming a unbaptised publisher recently.

So sadly, she has succumbed to the pressure. She was very sad about it all, so I told her not to worry and I understand her dilemma. She is totally baffled by all that has happened.

So that's that. She says she can't shun me because she has no reason to, but the WT has enforced it on her anyway, because she is in their world and has to function within it.

xxx SC

• ninja
    ninja

sorry to hear that strawbs.......another sad story to add to the pile created by the monstrosity known as Jehovah's witnesses.....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they do break up families like the accusers say!

I could tell you lots of cases the same!

sorry

• penny2
    penny2

That's sad, strawberry cake.

You could suggest to your friend that you see no harm in her son coming over to spend time with your kids. She might be able to rationalise it that way.

Unless you just want to move on and not subject yourself to the idiocy of it all.

penny

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Very silly! Confusing to kids.

• free2think
    free2think

thats a shame strawberry cake. they have no authroity over you though and you can still keep intouch, i guess

• WTWizard
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am really sorry.
    This is not WT related but relates to your post.

My ex-DIL, who is upset with my son, has quit allowing the family to see my grandson.
    What's difficult for her to understand right now, and only speaking for my own self,
    is that I can separate what differences my son and DIL have from my relationship
    with my grandson.

I can only know that even my own mother kept me from my father growing up and what damage that did to me.

Children see the love others offer to them, and it hurts and is confusing to be the victim of adult shenanigans.

I feel for the little boy and your friend that is losing your association.

purps

• chickpea
    chickpea

isnt it stunning?

the mangled mess that comes with
    marching to the tunes the b0rg plays?

i hope that lad will use this episode
    as the prism thru which he will view
    the b0rg and ultimately walk away
    from its twisted dogmas

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry for the situation, the only bright spot if there is one, is that it proves to be an excellent anti witness to your boy and others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit