Watchtower 1973 says Dinosuars may have been on Noah's Ark???

by Witness 007 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Even if they survived until the flood this would not require taking pairs of Mammoth varieties into the Ark.

Since when are mammoths dinosaurs?

Why couldn't I have seen this back in 1973? Argggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Homerovah where the hell did you get that hilarious picture? Dogon, great point about the saltwater and freshwater fish- never even thought about that myself.

• minimus
    minimus

they were smaller babies

• inkling
    inkling
    I hadn't thought about the salt/fresh water fish thing. This is a first. Great point. Perhaps the WT has an explanation about this (rolling eyes)

ding ding ding ding!

Ahem:

Of course, although we just do not know enough from our present perspective to explain all of the objections you raise to the concept of a global food, there are possible explanations. For example, you inquire about how fish would have survived if the flood waters in Noah's day had changed the salinity of the seawater. We cannot know just what the salinity of the seawater was at the time of the Flood, or how much The Flood waters changed it, and thus how sensitive the existing fish would have been to any changes in salinity. However, as you may know, some kinds of fish such as salmon even today normally travel between freshwater and saltwater for spawning. Some of these have migrated two or three times in successive years, and some have even become freshwater natives. Therefore, even now there is flexibility in this regard in fish, and conditions thousands of years ago could have different enough that salinity might not have been as large a factor as it is today. And, of course, Jehovah as Creator certainly could have maneuvered things so that fish were able to survive and adapt for continued existance.
    Your arguments also do not take into account the possibility that Jehovah may have had a role in the way things developed or how much the tremendous weight of global floodwaters could have affected geological and chronological data.

From a letter from the WTS, here: http://www.watchtowerletters.com/Response_to_third.html

So basically:

We don't know. Here are some unrelated scientific "facts". And God did it.

[inkling]

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Someone call BADBOY!

Anybody remember the picture of the Flood in "My Book of Bible Stories"? The one with the ark floating? I remember there was a drowning dinosaur there!

BTS

• hubert
    hubert

Homerovah, I love your bible story !! LOL !!

Hubert

• Sasha
    Sasha

this was just on last night....History channel....like 300,000 millions years ago....or something. Ice age? or Comet?

I kept switching back and forth to Boston Legal...Denny Crane.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit