Watchtower Writers - Prayer Specificity - Quantum Physics

by ataloa 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ataloa
    ataloa

Where do the watchtower writers get their information? Are they free to research anything they like?

Several years ago there was an article that said we must be specific in our prayers. I had probably been in about 10 years at that time, and it was news to me and everyone else I mentioned it to, so I thought it must be a brand new piece of information, but I don't know.

Anyway, the funny thing was, that no source was cited in the article; no explanation was given for how they arrived at that conclusion. Even though I was very interested in it, I was not able at that time to learn any more.

Years later I ran across similar information when reading a little about quantum physics. That made me think maybe that's where they had come up with that. But somehow, I couldn't see the GB approving of that - I don't feel like they would have wanted us to be looking into things like that. Or is it alright for them, but not us?

It's just something I've always wondered about and would like to hear anyone's thoughts on it.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower is simply making things up!

That is why they give no references.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

They, the writers (or rather copiers and pasters) can't refer to delusions because it would show they live in a Fantasy Land (no disrespect to Disney Land intended) and have no basis forreferral due to be of a fantasy nature.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

According to their own publications, they get their information through angels and through resurrected members of the "anointed" class. The latter is, of course, necromancy and is forbidden by Scripture. And if they really do get their information from angels, one must wonder what sort of angels delivered the many false prophecies they have published.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Or is it alright for them, but not us?

Yes, that is it..To crib a line from an old advert for something, it is "We do the research, so you don't have to"

• poppers
    poppers

If they're getting their information from angels how would they know if they were the angels that rebelled or stayed loyal? Given all the flip-flops they must be the rebellious ones. That makes sense, doesn't it?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

The watchtower writers use both reliable and unreliable sources, which for the most part isn't referenced in the articles. They comb through publications looking for support of their positions. They decide what is truth and then publish it. Remember, the watchtower isn't publishing scholarly articles (otherwise they would have to publish references and use scholarly works). They are publishing religious propaganda that support their position and is carefully worded to indoctrinate people, both inside their organization and outside. Unfortunately, many people aren't diligent when it come to checking out the publication or the organization. But the truth about them is now easily accessible, at least to those in developed countries.

• ataloa
    ataloa
    The Watchtower is simply making things up!

They might be making things up, but I have a hard time thinking they have any imagination.

According to their own publications, they get their information through angels and through resurrected members of the "anointed" class.

Huh? I don't remember ever reading that.

If they're getting their information from angels how would they know if they were the angels that rebelled or stayed loyal?

True.

They comb through publications looking for support of their positions.

I can believe that.

I wish I could remember the context of the article. Just wonder why they would've thrown something like that in there. Someone probably wrote a letter asking why God didn't answer prayer or something; it was probably another opportunity for them to blame us.

Thanks so much to each of you for your replies.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    According to their own publications, they get their information through angels and through resurrected members of the "anointed" class.

Huh? I don't remember ever reading that.

It's called Channeling.

WT clearly admits to this in writing.

Also, that annointed class, the 144k are actually some of the most brilliant minds in quantum physics. Their main organization is in Paris.

• NeonMadman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit