If it's really "so close to the end"....

by cameo-d 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

will they ever announce that the world wide preaching work is finished?

Will they fill that gap with something else, like "new system" lessons?

• musky
    musky
    "so close to the end"....

I think that the watchtower has said that for so long, That if anything does ever happen, It won't be because they said so. Like crying wolf.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Matth 24:14 has already been fulfilled. See James Rayford speech and I believe a WT from 1984 where it said that the preaching work that had begun in the first century and was spearheaded by the apostle Paul would be complete this 20th century.

Cheers

Borgia

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will never officially announce that the preaching work is finished, despite rumors that spread about it (usually by people that are sick and tired of perennial field circus and the "emergency" that never ends). If they did, the "emergency" would have to end, and people could get to business at preparing for real life.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the harlot turning on the Wild Beast ( if I've got it the right way round) is so far away and completely impossible, I always think that warrants the finger

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

As I see it the Harlot only has a short time left. As for the number of years I do not know. But you can see it in the media with the clash of church and state on a variety of issues. They are definitely dabbling in politics which will eventually lead to their nakedness and destruction. The tribulation has started and its picking up speed as time goes on. As far as the preaching work being called to an end, this work will have to be done until the very end.

• asilentone
    asilentone

unbaptized, I know that you love this kind of thread, ARE YOU A JW?

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you are JW, Dont you know that the "faithful and discreet slave class" tells you NOT to look at apostate sites??? If you believe that Jehovah is using the Faithful and Discreet Slave class in Brooklyn, NY, then why are you not following the orders of the Faithful and Discreet Slave class?

• lalliv01
    lalliv01
    I think that the watchtower has said that for so long, That if anything does ever happen

The WTS just has to keep on dancing and dancing aaaaaaaaaaaaand dancing, sooner or later it's gonna rain.

Look at'em dance.

lalliv01

PS: I remember TERRY using this illustration.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello asilentone, to answer your question "I am a believer". However, I am not blind follower to anyone. The Holy scriptures don't lie, but most people do. Just like ancient Israel some of my brothers do act in that fashion. Determining who will die or who is worthy of everlasting life. Only Jehovah & Jesus have that say or judgment. I do not fear any man because truth is something not hidden but expressed publicly. Just like Ancient Israel the religious leaders became to self righteous and started abusing the people even the sick and down trodden. I've even heard statements made during meetings that if those who haven't made up their minds will be destroyed, However some have forgotten that after the thousand years Satan will be let loose and a uncountable number of those who made it through Armageddon will be destroyed. So basically there's no need to brag or boast or judge because no one actually knows his or her future. But I have received information that the tribulation is upon us and soon will be manifesting itself as time goes on. My thing is people can agree or disagree it does not matter to me. Live and let die!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit