by mtsgrad 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    BA, you're stumbling me.

Looks like these guys are stumblin' too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Ub0lcPz68

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    BTW this wine snob did suck down many a bottle of Boones farm back in high school. And when there wasn't Boones farm to be had. I used to buy this gallon jug of Tirolia for a whopping $3.50

Ah, the good old days, Tyrolia!

And who can forget good ol' Mad Dog:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2563480380_30f2d3329f.jpg?v=0

Does it get any better????????

BA- I submit not!!!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A Fred Sanford favorite, Ripple

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

apart from absolute necessities I do love having a PC and a laptop and being wired to the world

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Makers Marek Bourbon is my current favorite tipple

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I'm now living in lovely and talented Willits, CA, up in the Emerald Triangle. On those rare occasions when I'm actually drinking alcohol, it's the local beer. Red Tail comes in several delightful varieties (Mendocino Brewing Company has a branch in Ukiah, about 20 miles away from me). At Christmas dinner (at my son's house) I shared a Fat Tire Ale with ... somebody... but Fat Tire comes from Colorado. Good stuff, though.

gently feral

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't think drinking a glass of port is sad at all eyeslice. Nothing better than a glass of port and a piece of sharp cheddar. The Thunderbird bottle looked pretty scary. Do they still make that stuff? When I was in high school I worked at a convenience store across from a barrio. A lot of the older low riders would by that stuff to drink as they cruzed their neighborhood. When I say older they were probably 30 but seemed old at the time.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    The Thunderbird bottle looked pretty scary. Do they still make that stuff?

Yes, they are still in business, of course.

Now is the time to invest in the producer of this fine vintage stuff: http://www.gallo.com (I am not kidding, sales of this spew will skyrocket shortly- inside tip from BA, Greater Depression is underway, worth it's weight in gold, or more).

Here is a review of this complex vintage:

Thunderbird
    17.5% alc. by vol.

As pictured to the left, look for the pigeon feces and you'll find this old bird. As soon as you taste this swill, it will be obvious that its makers cut every corner possible in its production to make it cheap. Self-proclaimed as "The American Classic," Thuderbird is Vinted and bottled by E&J Gallo Winery, in in Modesto, CA. Disguised like Night Train, the label says that it is made by "Thunderbird, Ltd." If your taste buds are shot, and you need to get trashed with a quickness, then "T-bird" is the drink for you. Or, if you like to smell your hand after pumping gas, look no further than Thunderbird. As you drink on, the bird soars higher while you sink lower. The undisputed leader of the five in foulness of flavor, we highly discourage driking this ghastly mixture of unknown chemicals unless you really are a bum. A convenience store clerk in Show Low, AZ once told me that only the oldest of stumbling indian drunks from the reservation buy Thunderbird. Avaliable in 750 mL and a devastating 50 oz jug.

The history of Thunderbird is as interesting as the drunken effects the one experiences from the wine. When Prohibition ended, Ernest Gallo and his brothers Julio and Joe wanted to corner the young wine market. Earnest wanted the company to become "the Campbell Soup company of the wine industry" so he started selling Thunderbird in the ghettos around the country. Their radio adds featured a song that sang, "What's the word? / Thunderbird / How's it sold? / Good and cold / What's the jive? / Bird's alive / What's the price? / Thirty twice." It is said that Ernest once drove through a tough, inner city neighborhood and pulled over when he saw a bum. When Gallo rolled down his window and called out, "What's the word?" the immediate answer from the bum was, "Thunderbird."

WARNING: This light yellow liquid turns your lips and mouth black! A mysterious chemical reaction similar to disappearing-reappearing ink makes you look like you've been chewing on hearty clumps of charcoal.

BA- Buy in now.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Wow!!

How fast it turned from cell phones & computers to alcohol

In that case I have to say my favourite drink is Sex on the Beach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit