TV Movie about Selena

by Scully 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I just turned on Superstation (in Canada) and saw this program was on. I also noticed a WTS calendar fixed on the wall of the family's home.

Anyone else watching?? Noticing other JW references??

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Yes, her family were JWs in Houston, Tx area. Too bad for Salena.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Scully,just saw your post.Channel 47 on the west coast Thanks...OUTLAW

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yeah Scully, if you notice there is a "Live Forever" book on the nightstand in the movie too. But I heard the mom studied for a while. They were into it then they bailed.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I remember when she died, I was in my car, and the radio was playing her graveside service. They read Rev. 21:3,4 from the New World Translation. It didn't sink in right away, but did eventually. When I got home, I called my friend, who is Hispanic, and asked her about it, and she said that the family were witnesses, and there was a big uproar in Corpus Christi, where they lived, because there were Catholic Masses and candlelight vigils being held all over town. I know her husband was not a witness, but the parents were. Whether they are now or not, I have no idea. It was all over the news after she died, that the family were Jehovah's Witnesses. I was getting out at the time, so didn't care a whit!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Possible rumor: I remember hearing that she had a JW funeral and that her mom was a witness but not her dad.

closer

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Wow I was watching that too on TBS Atlanta and it went right over my head. Good eyes on you all. Seemed funny to me, though, that there wasn't anything overtly sexual and there was no premarital sex scenes, which I was expecting but didn't happen. At the time I was thinking that they were quite strict in their moral upbringing...now that explains it.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

Selena's parents, some siblings, and some relatives are witnesses. I remember going to assemblies in Corpus Christi and Houston and watching a Limo pull up to the door to let them out. They are real down to earth people though.
    My brother danced with Selena at a wedding(JW). He was in love(but i think it was her booty) He said she was so beautiful and such sweet girl.
    I am from Corpus Christi btw and passed by her house often to get to a friends house nearby. They are nice folks.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Man, I wish I would have watched that again when it was on TV. Rented the movie a couple of years ago. And I remember thinking it was odd how strict her parents were. But it went right over my head that they might have been Witnesses. Missed the Live Forever Book too.
    Might have to rent the movie and check it out again!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit