How long will it be before JW's start beating each other up - Study Night

by jambon1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The new arrangement is so the sheeples can spend more time with their famblies as the end is now so "very very near".

How could anybody malign these sweet non-judgemental folks? Who would not want to spend more time drinkin an smokin an carousing with their non-believeings relatives and spouses before they are obliterated forever?

HB

• watson
    watson

I'm waiting for them to some how start blaming the R & F for the necessity to disconinue the BS night. Poor attendance, you know. Just another guilt trip.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Since I'm still in, I'll only beat up the other elders and MS. Since there's no assigned material, I'll let them know the deep things I've been studying about things like Blood fractions and Bible chronology. And I'll drop them some of the challenging bits from Mary's project, V's videos, and all the truths here and there on the Interwebs. This new "personal study" idea, could prove to be a problem for the bOrg.

I've already heard from some of the dubs that are concerned about it being more likely to miss meetings. Under the previous arrangment of three meeting times, if you missed one, you still would be at two-thirds of the meetings for the week. Now, if you miss one, you'll be missing half the weekly meetings. One sister is very concerned that many will just fall out of "the truth".

B the X

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Under the previous arrangment of three meeting times, if you missed one, you still would be at two-thirds of the meetings for the week. Now, if you miss one, you'll be missing half the weekly meetings.

And you will get hounded that much more viciously if you miss one of them. You need to be very sick (as in, in the hospital) or dead to have a valid excuse to miss a boasting session.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Even when there was the "book group" meeting. You were still supposed to have a "family study". So if those who are having a "family study" already, it will still mean one less meeting for them.

Though I notice most of the comments by the WT were to replace the "book group" with "personal study". So sit and read a WT or AW article for 5 minutes and I've done my "personal study". Or even do my Bible reading for the week for the TMS.

Done finished...lets go out.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I mistook your title for literal.

Yet this happened in my family. The police were called and I child was taken into protective custody the following morning. All following a JW family bible study.

What's really sad, though, is that the police said this happens quite frequently. Not isolated to JW's, but in many families. When domestic violence events occur, one of the questions that they always ask is: What was every one doing before the violent attack. MANY times, the answer is "Family Bible Study".

Although I no longer lived at home when this particular incident occured, I was horrified and felt humiliated.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit