If you sign up for Secret Santa follow through.....

by restrangled 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

SnakesInTheTower: - "(I got a real nice gift from my SS that was much appreciated... and a nice friendship of the person I was assigned to send a gift....even if they do call me a smartass periodically.......lol"

One day that whole 'smartass' crack will come back to bite you in the ass :D

I got my SS gift, and it's awesome! I just wish I knew what their JWD handle is.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

nos:

One day that whole 'smartass' crack will come back to bite you in the ass :D

it does..all the time... inside joke..... lol

Snakes ()

• noni1974
    noni1974

Snakes it's better to be a smartass than a dumbass. Just saying.....

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hey restrangled, if you are wanting to keep your anonymity, but wondering if they received it, maybe you could ask Angharad to play go between in the new year and check with the person on your behalf???? I haven't received mine yet (not a problem, like you, I'm in it more for the fun of sending. I'm just saying in case you are my secret santa and are wondering why I haven't said anything to acknowledge receipt and set your mind at ease). I'm late sending my gift out so hopefully my recipient has some patience for me and doesn't mind getting presents in January. :O)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Well, I really feel bad, I ordered the gift the beginning of December and didn't track it. It should have arrived about 5 days ago. I finally found the tracking number tonight, and here it sat for a week because of weather delays and an address correction needed.

It looks like it is going to be delivered this evening hopefully! Sorry to my recipient that it did not arrive as planned.

It is coming and Merry Christmas!

r.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    it's better to be a smartass than a dumbass.

Those are not mutually exclusive characteristics. Just saying ;)

See, I can be a smartass, too. lol

Jackie

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Some people may prefer to send a written thank you note, which will obviously take longer to get there, than a PM. :)

• LDH
    LDH

I both sent mine (it arrived today) and received mine. I also stuck to the price of $14.99 plus $14 of postage....sheesh next year I am tempted to give a $30 gift card and just stick a stamp on it LOL.

• halcyon
    halcyon

Since I've never celebrated Christmas before, and NEVER done a SS, I didn't really know all the "propers" about it. I waited too long to send it, and debated whether to spend less for postage and it arrive after Christmas, or spend more for Fed-Ex and have it arrive on time. I chose on-time, but if anyone knew how much shipping cost as a result, they'd scold me!

I also didn't send a thank you because I didn't open the package until Christmas. I just stuck the mailing envelope under the tree ... never occurred to me that the gift inside might be wrapped and seeing as it's the ONLY gift I got, it was important to me to leave it for Christmas. I assumed that thank you's got sent after it was opened. SO, on Christmas day, I started a Secret Santa thank-you thread, which promptly got buried.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

SPAZnik check your PMs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit