Movies, Scenes or DVD's that sucked or were stupid in 2008

by free2beme 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2beme
    free2beme

The idea here is to say what movies you saw this year that sucked, were stupid or lame and also any scenes in a movie that also did this (like if it is a movie you liked, but you hated this scene).

Movies I saw that sucked!

Ruins - Killer ancient plant, with people killing each other and plant talking to them. I was laughing, not scared.

The Happening - This director seemed to want to just have an excuse to make a movie with some lame gore. It was so dumb, plants telling us to kill ourselves. The ways people were killing themselves though, had people in the theatre I went to laughing at times.

The day the earth stood still - Apparently the life on this planet needs protection from humans. I just wish they would have made this movie, and not given it the title of a great sci-fi movie from the past. That way, no one would have expected more and been so disappointed.

Scenes

Indian Jones and The Crystal Skull - I loved the movie, but the frigerator scene and the nuclear bomb was just terrible and stupid.

DVD's

Waited to see WALL-E until on DVD, wish I did not waste my money. It had such a strong politic message, I thought it was boring.

I might add more, as I think of them ... with the year closing out.

• minimus
    minimus

Shoot Em Up with Clive Owen. An embarrassment.

• Mary
    Mary

I was soooo disappointed in the X-Files movie, as I was a huge fan of the series and liked the first movie. This one was terrible-------it was boring as hell, the story was choppy and retained none of the mystery and excellent plot that made it such a hit when it first came out. We still don't know what ever happened to Scully's baby, there was nothing about UFO's in it and I think Chris Carter was on qualudes when he wrote it.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I hated the X-files movie too. Chris Carter had another script for non X-files and had been presured to get a movie together, in order to use the original actors under a contract obligation. So he took the other script and meshed them together. It was obvious that it was not meant to be X-files, and basically killed the series for good. If you liked the X-files, you should start watching Fringe.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The Mummy

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Worst movies I haven't seen:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- Idiotic premise. Brad Pitt, you are no longer cool. Just go away and leave us alone, and take your brood of future rehab patients with you.

The Love Guru- Holy Crap. I saw a preview and immediately had to light some Tupperware on fire and huff the fumes until I forgot the previous two minutes. So I obviously can't pinpoint details but trust me, it's bad.

Don't Mess with the Zohan- What's with these pieces of marginally talented one-trick SNL detritus continuing to assault us? What have we done to deserve this? Oh yeah... we paid to see their last crappy movie... only got ourselves to blame.

X-Files 2- This is coming from someone who was actually a fan of the series and didn't think the first movie sucked as bad as most people thought: It's over.

Marley and Me- Oh, the dog is in the swimming pool. Look, the dog is running away. Ha, what a priceless comedic moment. You know what's funny about that is it's true. Dogs are so often unintentionally humorous simply being themselves. And just imagining the noses on the children that Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston will produce is worth the price of admission... if we're talking about a two-bit freakshow.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Quantum of Solace

• free2beme
    free2beme

That Star Wars thing was a rip off. Just a intro for a series out now.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Step Brothers. It was so damn stupid. I had to laugh at bits, but truly NOT a kid movie!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The second half of Hancock sucked. The Love Guru sucked. The Zohan really, really sucked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit