1931 Golden Age scan request

by Ultimate Reality 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

"Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood."-- Golden Age 1931 February 4 p.293

I have search this site, the usual spots on the internet, and cannot find a scanned copy of the article from which the above quote is taken.

This is a vital issue when it comes to the development of the blood doctrine. And I may need to show this to a friend that has a blood disease.

I really would like to see the whole article to read what the reasoning was behind their application and compare this with the later reasoning on banning transfusions.

THANK YOU to anyone that can help in uploading a scan!

• blondie
    blondie

See if this link works...can't use at work.

If you are referring to the Golden Age, February 4,1931 you can download scans and quotes on "vaccinations" by downloading the file below.

Here is a quote from that Golden Age listed above.

"Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood."

Click the link below and when the next page appears scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link by the red arrow.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xzfhd5
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here ya go:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=5e1929bd951655a37898d916a86736da

Let me know if you get it okay.

Here is the quote in its original context:

*** g31 2/4 pp. 293-294 The Sacredness of Human Blood ***

SINCE vaccination has become a topic for discussion, I cannot restrain myself from writing you in regard to this great evil. Every father and mother ought to have a right to say what should be done to the body of their own child; yet the vaccination law reduces the father and mother to mere slavery, almost as bad as the colored people were in, when their children were put up on the block and sold. In many slave-sale cases the mother and father were even forbidden to shed tears.

Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood. In Genesis 9:1-17 we read: "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man. And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein. And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth."

This covenant not only involves the entire human family, but also includes every other living creature upon the earth (See Genesis 9:10, 12). So important was this covenant that God placed His bow in the clouds as an everlasting reminder of the danger of its violation.... All reasonable minds must conclude that it was not the eating of the blood that God objected to, but it was bringing the blood of the beast in contact with the blood of man. Not only has man shed the blood of his fellow man unlawfully, but he has taken the body of the beast and unlawfully poluted its blood with poison and afterwards taken this blood and injected it directly into contact with the blood of man, in the name of vaccine and antitoxin. To my mind, this is a violation of the law of God, in the most degrading manner possible to conceive of.... Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox. Good food, good water, and sanitary living conditions are the basis of human health. No disease has ever proven this more prominently than smallpox.

• VM44
    VM44

Charles A Pattillo was an evil idiot.

• VM44
    VM44

I did a search on "Charles A Pattillo" using Google and found this posting made by a Watchtower apologist.

#3, RE: Policies and accountability
    Posted by Sergio on Nov-08-04 at 05:31 AM
    In response to message #0
    >Apostates are accusing the WT of bloodguilt because of the
    >changes of their blood/vaccination policies.

Apostates try to present vaccination and blood as equivalent issues, but they are extremely different. As far as I know, the Watchtower magazine never published a word against vaccination, nor any policy. It was only the Golden Age that echoed the many positions of the time against the advisability of that therapy. The only mention of Scriptural reasons to avoid them were published in an article contributed by a certain Charles A. Pattillo from Virginia, and the editors did not reject nor edorse his arguments. There's no indication that anybody could be disfellowshipped for this.

>
    >How many have died because of these changing policies?
    >

There hasn't been a change of policy regarding vaccination. Moreover, nobody can mention a single name of a JW who died after choosing to refuse vaccination, but to present things in its proper perspective, we should also take into account the mortal risk associated to the use of vaccination in those early years.

>If so, who is responsible for their deaths?

If an individual JW decided to avoid vaccinations it was his/her personal decision.

>
    >Did the WT acknowledge accountability on these issues, or
    >remained silent about it?
    >

The only mention in the Watchtower about vaccinations was in 1952, stating that it was a personal decision and that there isn't any Scriptural argument involved.

>Or, are the apostates just exaggerating?

I think so.

This "Sergio" is not being honest in his "So What?" response!

The fact is that The Watchotwer WAS RESPONSIBLE for the ill effects resulting from its Anit-Vaccination stand.

To say that nothing about vaccinations was published in The Watchtower magazine is a weak attempt to deflect responsibility from The Watchtower. Who published The Golden Age magazine? The Watchtower!

This Sergio is a jerk!

• VM44
    VM44
    There hasn't been a change of policy regarding vaccination.

That is not true. It was only after Clayton Woodworth died that an article was published by the WT stating that vaccinations were a matter left to an individual's conscience.

This "Sergio" sounds like a bureaucrat in his attitude, if "it isn't on paper, then it didn't happen!"

Sergio is dishonest, and if he believes what he wrote then he is an idiot as well.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Leolaia, thank you for your help!

This identifies the origin of the Watchtower "sacredness of blood" doctrine -- a doctrine that must be adhered to at the expense of the very life it symbolizes.

It also identifies the commands given to Noah and how the Golden Age uses "creative thinking" to make application beyond God's direction. This same line of thought it used today to show how before, during, and after the Mosaic Law this all important command was still in operation and applies today according to the Watchtower's shifting opinion.

• sir82
    sir82
    There's no indication that anybody could be disfellowshipped for this.

Disingenuous. Disfellowshipping, at least in its current form, was not introduced until the 1950's.

nobody can mention a single name of a JW who died after choosing to refuse vaccination

Disingenuous again. How many people in 2008 could list the cause of death for anybody from the 1920's or 1930's?

If an individual JW decided to avoid vaccinations it was his/her personal decision.

Strike 3! "Of course it's your personal decision...of course, if you make the wrong personal decision, Jehovah will smite you with a flaming fireball when Armageddon comes."

If anyone knows "Sergio" tell him Sir82 sez..."Yer an idiot!"

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, VM44.

The fact is that The Watchotwer WAS RESPONSIBLE for the ill effects resulting from its Anit-Vaccination stand.

Yeah.
    The Watch Tower society is clearly responsible.
    http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/vaccination.html

The person who is going to avoid that responsibility is a dishonest and insincere person.
    No, rather, such persons are a "liar" and a "swindler."

P.S.
    http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/vaccination.html
    I am glad if "the scanned pictures" of the materials here is got.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• VM44
    VM44

Sergio's website:

Sergio (Madrid)
    www.tjdefendidos.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit