by Newborn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

than the kingdom melodies?

I did

but not anymore

• CHILD
    CHILD

I could never sing those songs without the songbook. On the other hand, I remembered the lyrics of every Christmas and gospel song I'd sang growing up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I realized that I had much of a head start in learning Christmas music. And I was able to sing a few of the Kingdumb Maladies without the song book (though it wasn't really worth it).

Once I quit being a witless, I realized that I had forgot many of the Christmas songs. I could not remember the lyrics in the common songs, save the opening verse. And that's with continued exposure to them during the Christmas season. The Kingdumb maladies, on the other hand, I would just as soon forget that mind-controling crap altogether (except as a reminder that I never want to see the inside of a Kingdumb Hell outside the news again.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually I heard the christmas songs more often, on the television, radio, at the stores, at work............Once I was at work in a store and the manager was playing only Elvis Christmas songs for eight solid hours................

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You learn the Christmass songs on the radio, tv, in school at the mall.

You only hear the kingdumb songs a couple of times a week.

The Christmass songs all have melodies that are infectious and easy to hum.

When I was in the tower from the 60's to 70's half of the kingdumb songs were like rap.

They had no melody that you could identify and you couldn/t hum them no matter how many times you heard them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's why they want people to give up listening to real music and listen to Kingdumb Maladies instead. That is how you learn them--and how you become even more indoctrinated, miserable, and bored than you were even before. No real music+Kingdumb Maladies all the time=no fun with music.

Plus, they say that you should wear headphones to drown out the Christmas carols (doesn't work well if you learned the Christmas songs as a child, the Christmas songs are going loud enough, or you are not allowed to wear a headphones for whatever reason). You are supposed to have Kingdumb maladies in the headphones (at least that's what they recommended). Again, doesn't work--the Christmas carols get through when the Kingdumb Malady is between verses, plus many Kingdumb maladies have sections that are very close to some Christmas songs (I still prefer the real Christmas songs).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit