Aussie Christmas = Hot weather, barbies, and bathers!

by Witness 007 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

December 25th in Australia...no snow here, the hottest time of year. Santa's wear red bathers and thongs and we have kangaroo's instead of Raindeer! bakini's and bathers and thongs {flip flops not the sexy kind...usually} Beach and pool parties are all the rage as everything else is closed...yes we do throw a shrimp on the barbie...not many roasts but lots of seafood. No "egg nogg" just cold beer, it's really a summer party....hope you guys are enjoying the snow! he he.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Is your invitation still open?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes for sure come on down.....under.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Does that mean we have a date?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sort of like the 4th of July in the United States. They do not have Santa in a bathing suit or with kangaroos on that day, but they have fireworks and all the other party elements. Including the beer.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We never have big ass turkeys here....are ovens are small, americans have ovens as big as a garage!

• Mulan
    Mulan

We never have big ass turkeys here....are ovens are small, americans have ovens as big as a garage!

right you are..............I baked a 40 pound turkey a few years ago. It completely filled the oven and I had to borrow a commercial pan because I had nothing that it would fit in.

I didn't know you have small ovens. Bigger is better. I actually have two ovens.

Brrrrr, frigid, snowy weather here.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Same here witness. Summer time is awesome! Loving the hot weather. Yesterday was a scorcher of a day, dad handed me an ice cold beer at about 11 am, went down like a home sick mole!

• yknot
    yknot

We are expecting 70 or better on Xmas day......

I haven't committed yet to what we are having to eat......

I still have a small turkey, ham is on specially and son really wants a goose....BBQ does sound nice though. I guess I should really get off the fence and plan a menu.....Crap I gotta make some tamales for Xmas Eve!......

I am very very jealous of you down under the equator......I wanna pool party with seafood buffet !!!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yknot, a goose? Never eaten a goose. Where I come from barbies are called braais and there is nothing better than a day at the beach, smell of a braai and a cold beer. Ah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit