The future of the Watchtower

by Exterminator 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They will pay lip-service to the growth mantra.

In reality they want fewer members. That way they can preserve cash, which is what it is all about.

• yknot
    yknot

1. Mormonize....

2. Continue to lessen in educated countries, flourish in under-educated countries. Sell major properties and downsize HQ staff. Eventually working from a floor in a building they rent to other 'wordly' businesses.

OR

3. If they are smart, take the money and run after the Eastern Block joins the Western Front regarding the truth about the 'TROOF'.....

.... Cold Day in Hell, Demons on Ice......

They will get some charismatic reformer who managed not to lose hope after surfing JWD and he will try to rid them of man-made crap attempting to do a sola scriptura with IBSA/JW core three slant....... He will fail due to internal regulation of the legal department. and then option 2 or 3 will play out.

• OBVES
    OBVES

Leave the world of fantasy if you thought the Watchtower was all wrong . Just go to Jehovah's Witness Online forum and find subforum there on end of times predictions . Learn how good at dating the Watchtower was . It should turn you around !

The date 1914 AD is stronger than even the Watchtower thought just get into my calculation methods and the dates that come out them .

You can check me out on some google groups : alt.bible and alt.apocalypse.

OBVES.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The Watchtower organisation will never stop stressing the urgency of the times and the imminence of Armageddon...it's the lifeblood that keeps them all slavishly fearful and submissive.

They will just carry on as they are for decades to come, but with minor doctrinal tweaking and less and less emphasis on chronology and dates. This trend is already in evidence.

They will end up just like the 7th Day Adventists, who hardly talk about 1843 anymore.

• OBVES
    OBVES

This is undeniable fact and reality . Read the Bible how many verses are there about the end of the world .

Preaching the end of the world is a distinctive characteristics of the true christian religion.

No wonder the International Bible Students and Jehovah's Witnesses can be viewed as the true christian religions in the endtime era .read my posts on alt.bible ( google group ) or go to the forum Jehovah's Witness Online to a section :

Conspiracy Theory,End of the Times Predictions ,Jesus 2.0

To have an alternative you can listen to Open Forum on radio by Harold Camping.I am listening to him very often though he is my opponent. He is against Jehovah's Witnesses while I am standing for them .

He is teaching the end of the world in 2011 AD . I am preaching the end in 2011 AD and my life for years has been turning around the predictions of the end of the world .

Check http://www.familyradio .com

Basically if you are not interested nowadays in the end-time predictions when Jesus may come your religion is fruitless.

• yknot
    yknot

Obves.......

Preaching work is being done by several denominations.

The only 'true religion' in Christianity..... is Christ.

There is a lot to happen before the Big A........

Individual dedication is just as important as preaching work.

Most of us who remain Xtians still have a strong zeal for spreading of the Gospels but as much as I love my 7 million Dubbies.... the JWs don't preach the gospel of Christ, rather they preach gospel of Rutherford and Franz.... both of which are subject to change in the coming years to the gospel of Losch and Co.... all under the umbrella of a corporation known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Penn and NY.

By indoctrination most of us can turn on Tribulation/Armageddon Ready Awareness mode on like flicking on a light switch.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    To have an alternative you can listen to Open Forum on radio by Harold Camping.I am listening to him very often though he is my opponent. He is against Jehovah's Witnesses while I am standing for them .

LOL More Harold Camping sales pitches? Sorry OBVES. Thomas Poole has already inundated this forum with the pseudo-Adventist, "get your salvation while supplies last" sermons that are offered on Camping's radio station. The self-appointed Jeremiah got booted off the forum for excessive trolling. Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses have had their fill of delusional ramblings which make Fred Franz's writings look rational.

He is teaching the end of the world in 2011 AD . I am preaching the end in 2011 AD and my life for years has been turning around the predictions of the end of the world .

How profound. Is this a revision of his 1994 predictions, or is this new light? I wouldn't trust Camping to be able to locate the Pacific Ocean on a globe. He is another self-styled Herbert Armstrong who just doesn't learn his lesson. What kind of sorry ass excuse he will come up with on January 1, 2012 is anybody's guess. He would be better served predicting the end in 2012 per the Myan Calendar. At least there are a lot of pot smoking college students who would buy such a book.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Why do people who claim to base their faith on the Bible, where Jesus says that no one knows the day or the hour, continue to postulate dates for Armageddon? If it could be "figured out" so easily, don't you think Jesus would have been bright enough to figure out the day and the hour?

Give it a rest. It comes when it comes.

StAnn

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

They will fall apart as an organized religion within the next 20 years. There will still be diehards but there are nuts all over the place! (If you don't believe me well just look at the one two or three post up!)

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

So, the next end of the world is now for 2011?

Exactly my point: 2011 doesn't originate with Crooklyn. The Watchtower may continue to talk about the incoming end, but without a fresh date for the incoming consumation of the world, a new Russell will hold the flamme. Perhaps he will be that Harold Camping, or some self-appointed prophet anywhere else in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit