My Heart Surgery

by IWillBeDubbedNoMore 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

IWillBeADubNoMore,

Here is one other thing to consider that validates your decision and trashes the WTS policy:

dub: "One cannot take blood, even if it saves lives, because blood is the symbol of life."

common sense: "So the symbol of life which is in fact only a SYMBOL, is now more important than a human life itself?"

dub: "Er, I've got to leave now. I have to help DF someone."

common sense: "Wait! You are saying "symbols" i.e. "tokens" are MORE important than a human life?"

dub: "I SAID I have to go now. But I will get back to you on that one."

common sense: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You won't come back. You cannot answer that one with any degree of believability!"

common sense: "You won't come back with any decent answer in this lifetime, fool! You don't have a credible answer for that one! Since when are "symbols" more important than life?"

dub: Jehovah will kill you.

common sense: Yeah. Jehovah is pretty good at that part, but you are pretty good at killing people yourself with your insane blood policies.

dub:

Farkel

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Glad you are on the mend. And thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate hearing experiences where blood saved someone's life, especially since I donated blood earlier this week. I never get to hear from those who receive my blood (or its fractions), but listening to your story makes me feel good about it.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Thank you all for your encouraging words

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Glad you came through all that ok! Its enough with the surgery without having to worry about relationships and religion and crap. You know you cant trust hospital personnel right? If a JW nurse saw that you had that transfusion, and she knew you...she would absolutely go tell the elders about it. There is nothing sacred.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

That was one of the worries I had. Even when I was at the admissions office I worried if the woman that I asked to change my status was a JW. Fortunately, after being admitted, no one knew I was a JW, so I didn’t have to worry about the nurses.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Learning how to post

Oompa: Thank you and I love saying Good Luck also

Snoozy: Sorry for your loss. I experienced the same as your brother. I was very surprised that there was very little pain. After the initial few days I didn’t require any pain medicine. Never smoked. One of the few good things I received from being a JW.

Purps: Thank you

Farkel: It seems incredible that anyone would make the symbol more important than the reality, but we all accepted it. When the scales on our eyes are removed everything seems so clear.

Mrs. Fiorini: Thank you and everyone else who donates blood. Giving of blood one time does more good than a lifetime of field service

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thank you for sharing your story. Good reminders about changing religion on hospital registration form. Glad it was such a success.

• ninja
    ninja

your story reminds me of the time I went to the doctor because my hair was falling out.....he said to me...."would you consider a transplant"?.....I said ..."no.....I would look stupid with a kidney on my head".......just a wee joke for ya mate....he he....da ninja

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

LOL Thanks Ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit