WT Library PDA edition and other "holy" stuff

by outofthebox 7 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I am the secretary in the congregation (don't ask) and I wanted to share with you guys the "meat in due season":

1. Starting jan 2009, the field service report can be sent until the day 20th of the month, instead of the 6th of each month as it is now. But, like the letter says: "It is not necessary to announce this change to the congregation". Keep the R/F thinking they are late. LOL.
    2. The new WT Library 2008 will have an additional version for PDAs. But just for Windows Mobile 2003 SE and Pocket PC. It won't work with Windows Mobile Smartphone. Yet, another reason to switch to Mac and iPhone!

PS: And of course I got another letter thanking for our money contributions and asking for more.

• asilentone
    asilentone

at Apostate Secretary!

• oompa
    oompa
    outofyourbox: "It is not necessary to announce this change to the congregation".

THAT is a big window of opportunity...since they did not sad DONT ANNOUNCE it...you should announce it.......let us know what happens........please.........oompa

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

OOTB - I just laughed about you being made secretary. That's pretty quick. I got stuck with that job for about 4 years and man it sucked. By far the worst job on the BOE and the most labor intensive. Even when I was a believer, I hated it. Once I realized the WTS was full of it, I REALLY hated it. Hey, on the bright side, at least you have more time to put the report together.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

yay for you...I did the job and at the time liked it...it suited my abilities and personality...(staying in the background, but being in the know)

.. now I realize how much "busy" work was involved... what a waste of time... I'd be done with my damn degree by now if not for that time wasting...

but at least you can post all of the insider letters, right?

Snakes (of the "best damn secretary ever.... NOT" Sheep Class)

• Quotes
    Quotes

WTS technical decisions make me believe in the existence of time machines, as in, "The WTS is stuck in a Time Machine".

So, in 2009, they will make the library available for Windows Mobile (the portable OS platform that not even Microsoft likes).

"Brothers and Sisters, welcome to the year 1997. What a wonderful provision that Jahoobee can transport us back in time 11 years."

~Q

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Ya they announced that there's be a PDA version of the library but only in English and because of this added feature, the CD may be coming a little later than usual. The letter gave the impression it'll still need some work.

Outofthebox

Just get the BOE to OK an assistant for you. Like I, was for our Secretary. As his monkey I'd have the priviledge of all the useless tasks, like transferring over the field service report numbers from the slips onto the publishers' cards, filling out cards for attendance of meetings, and even faxing the numbers in.

I hear you now log into their website and punch in the numbers for them. Maybe your monkey can be assigned an account for that too.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

There has been an unofficial version around for years. I still have it. Its an iSilo file and works on Palm as well. Its doesn't have all pubs but its pretty comprehensive.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit