Do you feel embarrassed, humiliated, anger that you were a Jw?

by LouBelle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

nope...

i still tell people.

didnt bother me telling folk that i was one

doesnt bother me telling folk that i was one

• StAnn
    StAnn
    More cheated than embarassed.

Same here. The problem with being a born-in is that how you develop as a human being happens in your early life and my early life was spent as a Dub. So I never got to develop normally. Makes it much harder to live your life later when you had such a piss poor beginning.

And I'm angry about my son being raised a Dub, as it did him immeasurable harm, and I wonder if he'll ever get over it.

I didn't realize how bitter and angry I was until I came to this site, frankly. When I see that a lot of the issues I have aren't just "mental health" issues that I have but are a result of being raised a Dub, it makes me very angry because this stupid cult have very seriously, very negatively affected every aspect of my health, physical and mental and emotional.

I always wonder if I'll ever be a "whole" person after my upbringing.

StAnn

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I didn't realize how bitter and angry I was until I came to this site, frankly. When I see that a lot of the issues I have aren't just "mental health" issues that I have but are a result of being raised a Dub, it makes me very angry because this stupid cult have very seriously, very negatively affected every aspect of my health, physical and mental and emotional.

I always wonder if I'll ever be a "whole" person after my upbringing.

St Ann:

I'm the same as you. And that's OK. Most people here understand, especially those of us that were born-in.

Yes, I think many if not all of the problems that my sister and I have suffered from are directly related to the trauma of beiing raised in an abusive cult. It has affected every aspect of our lives also and has continued to do so. But I think coming here and talking about it to people that understand is helpful.

Everybody has issues and struggles. The goal is to face those issues and continue to grow as a perso n. We are healing and improving as we sit here. We are getti ng better and understanding ourselves better.

• yknot
    yknot

Not really because I thought it was the 'troof'...... being different and suffering humiliation was all part of the expected persecution.

Now I feel a bit lost ..... an Arian adrift in a sea of Athanasians, wondering where I fit in the bigger scheme of things.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I have forgiven myself. I was 10 years old when I was scammed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit