my df bro in law tells friends his family is all dead..instead of jw

by oompa 8 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

he is the oldest of five kids...all dubs...he was kicked out at 16...and shunned badly for 35 years or so by his family, but never me btw...and he still is. So he was smart enough to move out of state and start over....and has had a great life....but 20 years ago he told me something i have never forgotten...he said that as he made new friends and tried to explain this totally flucked up shunning thing...that it always went kinda odd....so he just started telling everyone his entire family was dead....i never forgot the moment he said that......................oompa

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Wow. Everyone takes a different road.

• StAnn
    StAnn

This is not unusual. I've heard of this before. I guess it's a coping mechanism.

StAnn

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Better to be thought of as an orphan that related to JWs I guess. Technically he is a "Spiritual Orphan". Or you could say it is better to walk alone than in bad company.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Ah yes. Loving-kindness, Jehovah's Witness style - not.

John 13:35: By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
    Matthew: 9:13: But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Poor guy. From a Christian standpoint, a little mercy would have brought the errant one back into the fold. Now he is lost forever. How the JWs shame the Great Shepherd, Jesus!

Matthew 7:18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Failed prophecies, broken families, massive bloodguilt from twisted reasonings...from their evil fruit, we see how far the corrupt "Watchtowerite" cult is from true Christianity.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

JW policy is to treat the DF'd one as if they are dead, so turn about is fair play. In this case, more than fair, since they killed him first and wouldn't want to admit they were related to him in any case (until he wins Lotto, anyway). I'm not that surprised.

My mom recently began shunning me and I find that I don't even miss the crap anymore. I love her, but I don't miss her that much. She was not much fun anymore between anticipating armageddon imminently and becoming a bitter old lonely woman who exacerbates it by her own actions.

She went on a cruise and came back telling my sister how much fun she didn't have. No one was friendly. Lifestyles are terrible these days. It wasn't any fun, the food was no good, the cabin was small. . .If you can't have fun on a singles cruise(yes, my JW mom)then where CAN you have fun? Perfect weather, sunshine, no dishes and someone else makes the bed, even! Probably pissy cause she couldn't sneak her beer on board:)

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I do the same. On the one hand it is a coping mechanism, it helps me get through things like Christmas, you know tthat time of year when the rest of the worlds with their families and im not. Or those times your friends tell you that they have been over to their parentts for a meal or social call, or even those times when your friends just drop in a sentence about how they spoke to someone in their family on the phone. Having a family, it seems so alien to me now, instead of being the norm it seems bizarre to me. The only way I can cope with it is to think of them as being dead.

As well as the coping mechanism it also avoids having to do all that explaining about why your family no longer talks to you. I've tried in the past and on a few occassions people have gone away thinking I must have done something REALLY REALLY awful.

• oompa
    oompa

Yesterday duing my apostagolf round i asked the one df'd person (28 years old) in the group how it was starting from scratch, making new non-dub friends, and he said it was great no probleemo....however my son much younger has been df'd 6 years already told me the other day that he still does not really have any friends except df'd friends...(believe me there are PLENTY around here)....and he said it is starting to bother him, and he does not know why it is not happening....apart from a few girlfirends from local colleges, it just aint happening...at least he does not have to tell them I am dead...and even his jw mom and grandmother do not shun him....but my dad does...........................oompa

• joebin
    joebin

good idea..since I'm dead to them why not just say they're all dead. avoids having to try and explain things that don't make sense anyway, especially the shunning and having been a witness..I don't go there anymore..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit