it's getting easier...

by Bumble Bee 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

... to tell people I meet that I used to be a JW. Over the last two weeks, I've met several new people, trying to branch out and make new friends. I was surprised at how easy it was to tell these people that I used to be a JW. I've never had an easy time talking to people about my background and upbringing, and there are still people that have known me for years that don't know that I used to be a JW, but it's getting easier to talk about. I'm not feeling so embarassed or ashamed anymore. I think this is a good thing!

BB

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I usually don't mention it, unless I see a need to let my apostate self out to preach.

Once I mentioned it to a neighbor, that I had left the religion. And it was like, "Um, OK." She had no idea the significance of those words!

I am so glad you are doing better! You are a strong woman!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good for you, Mrs. Bee!

Sometimes it flows, sometimes it blocks up.

It blocked up for me yesterday when a neighbor asked if my family (all JWs) and I were spending Christmas together. I got flustered and sounded stupid (to me) when all I had to say was NO and leave it at that.

Next time I'll have my apostate testimony card with me ...

The best,

CoCo

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Before I got married my then soon to be hubby's JW mom told him to tell me he was a JW and they didn't believe in giving presents at Christmas..being a silly teenager I thought so what! ( I'm sure that reply pissed her off..she probably thought it would chase me away)

Little did I know what I was getting into!

I also don't bring it up anymore unless religion is being talked about...I got too many of those blank stares also..

Snoozy...

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Well, I don't bring it up to everyone I meet lol. It just seemed strange that I met two new people in the last two weeks and the topic of how bad religion is came up (guess I'm meeting the right people lol). It gave us something to talk about, and the conversation just flowed, I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk about my past.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah sure I bet you've got a "I'M AN EX-WITNESS! T-shirt.....and you got one for your best friend that says ..."I'M WITH AN EX-WITNESS!" {arrow points to you} ....glad you feel better about it!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I've never told anyone. Only my grandparents know at this time. I should probably tell my uncle. I don't think I'll ever tell any of my friends, not something I'm comfortable talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit