Life after being a Witness...What are your beliefs now?

by Quirky1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Some here have moved on, some have found new faith and some have haven't. Did you maintain christianity or do you no longer believe?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

1st Cor 15:32

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Well for me... I think my alias says it all.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yeah, I'm very agnostic, border line atheist.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Since leaving I've got no idea.........I do study the scriptures from time to time.....and do a lot of logical critical thinking...........I'm leaning towards spirituality more than organized religion.........I don't think any one or religion has the whole answer........

But I'll go back to I have no flippin idea!!!!

M

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have left the faith behind and pretty much steer clear of religion, too many doctrines and man made rules and regulations. I am spiritual and am open to all sorts of ideas, theories, discussion.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have left the faith behind and pretty much steer clear of religion, too many doctrines and man made rules and regulations. I am spiritual and am open to all sorts of ideas, theories, discussion.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't believe in your God, no matter who you are or whether it's a god of your own making or one you've glommed onto from some larger faith tradition.

And so far, I haven't had a need to make up a god for myself; and even if some angst within me told me I needed to get-a-god, I haven't figured out a way to make up a god that is any less lame intellectually than anyone else' god.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm an atheist and have no belief in the supernatural. If something comes along that is evidence for the supernatural, I'll be glad to consider it. Religion as a dominate force in history is very interesting to me. Religion as a way of belief personally is not.

I've been taking the time to study science and rational thinking, trying to learn at least a little about this incredible world I live in before I die. Developing a more cohesive and workable philosophy and way of living has also been important for me.

Being an intellectual rebel is very appealing to me.

S4

• StAnn
    StAnn

I had a long period of agnosticism following my departure from the Dubs. Eventually I became Catholic and am very happy as a Catholic. But I think I'm the exception, not the rule, for ex-Dubs.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit