I need help to help someone else

by lisavegas420 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

Lisa

I can't make it copy and paste...BUT here goes....a janitor at a SCHOOL on administrative leave who might have a COURT date coming up. That right there makes my curly hair straighten out. When someone is put on admin leave it's because of something they're suspected of......reading between his lines it sounds like he's being charged criminally. And he picks up his meds on a DAILY basis? Did I read that right?????? That's done with severely mentally ill people where the potential for abuse is great. (overmedicating...using the meds to get high or selling them)

Now he's questioning what your husband thinks of you meeting him? Does he wonder if your husband cares or is he wanting to know if your husband KNOWS where you're at??? It's a safety issue. If this guy is not on the up and up, then that could be crucial to whether he'd try anything.

His wife left him? He might lose his house? That happens a lot to regular people but with all the other information you're giving it stands out also. A bid for sympathy? More to the story?

I'll go back and read your original post....I know there's more that stands out........

do NOT be alone with this guy.......

M

• Mandette
    Mandette

Here's more...

Vets Hospital?? Before I go further...this is NOT meant as disrespect to our veterans.......

Many are severely mentally ill....The VA in our town concentrates totally on the mentally ill. With the mental illness comes drug abuse.

A scotched taped ring? You should be suspicious of that. Is he trying to make you believe the whole picture????

Be very very cautious.....there is a big possibility that this guy is reading your willingness to help as soemthing else. If he's mentally ill and missing his meds then his perception is screwed up.

DON'T GIVE HIM PERSONAL INFO...........all sorts of possibilities come up with that.....and none of them good....

I think you have a good, helping heart........and that can make you very vunerable....

M

• cawshun
    cawshun

"Ditto" everything mandette said, she even pointed out more things then I picked up on. Nothing is safe in today's world, you here stories on the news everyday about people turning up missing or found dead. Be VERY CAREFUL!

• Mandette
    Mandette

A&E gets the topics for "American Justice" and "Cold Case Files" from something.......

We see so much of this now......it's too bad we have to be like this.........Cawshun is right...NOTHING is safe or to be taken at face value....

M

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Lisavegas

I trust your judgement. You sound kind not naive.

mtsgrad

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

...You all are right.

I felt safe, because, 1. the library is less than a mile from my house and it's right behind the Police Station. 2. My husband knew where I was, and even offered to go with me. (he really wanted to watch Basketball, so I said I'd be ok) 3. I've in class with him this week, at least part of the week.

I don't think he picks up his meds everyday. I think he's depressed and very lonely..... Understandably. I'm hoping, that hanging out at the Library will help him get out and around people. I told him most people won't mind if you ask them a question, and the librarian's will also help you.

I didn't give him my home address, but I know where he lives. I was going to invite him over here, but was afraid he wouldn't leave. ( I felt bad about thinking that, but I did.) I thought it was better in a public place.

thank you all for caring enough about me to point these things out.

I think he's safe, but I'll be on my toes and keep my eyes open.

Oh..... about the School/court thing. He hasn't come out with all the details, but I think it involves a co-worker. My first thought was OMG at an elementary school...but then I found out he worked at night.

Thank you all again.

lisa

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

................for those that tried to warn me, I want to thank you.

I just wanted to help the man.

I'd been meeting him at the library and teaching him how to use a computer. I went with Oz to his house and took pictures of his stuff that he wanted to sell on Craigslist...several times. I invited him to my house and he spent several hours at my house, fixed my sump pump, drank coffee. I thought he was just a sad lonely little man.

There was a few things I didn't like about him: (but accepted and put up with) he constantly preached at me about why I should go to church, read the bible, and believe in God. (I patiently listened and explained my reasoning, but let him continue, because I felt like it made him better because he 'thought' he was helping someone) During one of our chats, I said..."Why would I want to sit in a man-made building with a bunch of people I don't even know. Some of them might even be pedophile's or hypocrites . " ....

And little did I know.....

GREENE CO., Ohio -- A 63-year-old man is going to prison for a sex crime against a child.

The crime happened last year at the man's home while he was supposed to be babysitting the 3-year-old girl.

Rene Carandaunte was found guilty of gross sexual imposition.

In a Greene County courtroom Tuesday, the child's mother said she wanted Carandaunte to go to prison. The judge obliged and sentenced him to 3 years behind bars.

Carandaunte apologized saying, " I am for very sorry for what I did."

Now, the victim's mother said she is glad this ordeal is behind them and she will focus her attention on healing her child.
    Posted: 4:48 pm EDT April 21, 2009Updated: 8:52 pm EDT April 21, 2009

lisa

Man Sentenced For Child Sex Crime
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

whoa.... chilling. I remember your post, and thinking you were doing a good thing, and that while you needed to be careful, it's entirely possible to be too careful.

But it's a reminder that when you have kids, they come first - you don't take any chances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit