I invited my jw wife to my "company party"

by kzjw 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover

At one time there were so many JWs in the offices of the company I work for, they changed the name of the office Xmas party to "End of Year Appreciation Party". And still some JWs wouldn't attend because of the "worldly" association factor. Ingrates...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, you never tried to pull the 'husbandly headship/authority thing on her? Or you could pull the "numbers" thing and insist that she goes or you will be forced to bring a friend with you that can give you support and a hug when you are given an award. You'd rather be getting kissed by HER, but if she'd rather. . . .

Yeah, I'm a brat, but I was raised by a JW sourpuss-at-the-holidays mom, and now I am married to a man who will not socialize with anyone but his relatives. I'd love to go out with someone who wanted to have fun.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Check this out ... my JW brother-in-law got all in my wifes (his sister) face because she has DVDs of Pirates of the Carribean (Johnny Depp) because it has ghosts in it. He thought it was evil to own it ... let alone watch it. Now, his wife LOVES the movie CARRIE (Stephen King) and owns the DVD which is WORSE than Pirates of the Carribean!!! No problem with that!

Isn't that sickening?!!

• wings
    wings

So my elderly father (worldly, a movie addict, and movie collector) was being pursued by a young pioneer couple. Easy time, he was living with me. They would borrow movies from him every time they came to "call".

He hit the wall when they had been borrowing many R rated movies, and then refused to take "It's a Wonderful Life" and other holiday titles. Of course it wasn't because they weren't interested....he could have handled that....it was because celebrating Christmas was wrong, and then went on to explain it to him.

He stopped the "calls" and the movie loaning after that.

wings

• kzjw
    kzjw

iT'S TRULY NOT FUNNY THE WAY JW'S JUSTIFY THINGS THAT ARE AGAINST THE SOCIETY, THEN CLAIM THEM AS THE SOLE CHANNEL...BUT IT IS FUNNY! MY WIFE IS ENROLLING AT A 2 YEAR COLLEGE IN HER 40'S (U KNOW THE POLICY), BUT I THINK IT'S GREAT! GUESS 15 YEARS OF READING SOCIETY PUBLICATIONS DIDN'T MAKE AS SMART A COLLEGE GRAD LIKE THEY CLAIM. NOW I GET A TRUE GLIMPSE OF HOW SHE CIRCUMVENTS THE HOLIDAYS...DAMN...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

kzjw, please don't complain to your wife about buying your kids gifts in December. It is hipacritical on her part, but at least the kids will have something to talk about when they go back to school after the holiday break. It's sad that you must go to the company Chrismas party alone and can't celebrate at home, but if you have the time, you may want to consider volunteering at a battered women's or homeless shelter. There you will find the true spirit of Christmas! Our chamber of commerce does two big events for Christmas, and every year there's at least one story about how a family in need is helped. That kind of stuff makes all of the effort worth it.

• cognac
    cognac
    you may want to consider volunteering at a battered women's or homeless shelter. There you will find the true spirit of Christmas! Our chamber of commerce does two big events for Christmas, and every year there's at least one story about how a family in need is helped. That kind of stuff makes all of the effort worth it.

What a great idea!!!

• cawshun
    cawshun

Christmas is everywhere this time of year, the mall's are all decorated in Christmas splendor, you step into a Wal-Mart and your greeted by a tall Christmas Tree, the grocery stores and other stores play Christmas music, tv commercials are with a Christmas Theme. Some towns have the Christmas parade of lights, ect... Maybe the JW's should just take December off and stay at home, that way they can give full service to Jahovah and not be stumbled by the rest of us worldly folks.

I had my grand-kids here tonight and I recorded all the Christmas stories, Rudolph, The Night Before Christmas and a couple others. They love the stories. I can do what I want in my home. I at least want them to know what they are asked to give up and let them try to figure out how Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is EVIL.

My heart really feels for you, that your wife won't attend a Christmas Party with you, does she really think demons will follow her home? That Jehovah will really make that the soul issue for keeping her out of Paradise Earth? Why can't they see how unbalanced this thinking is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit