It will soon be 100 years since Christ returned

by I quit! 6 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

2009 will be here in a few weeks. That will put us only 5 years away from the 100 anniversary of Christ's return in 1914. Is the Watchtower planning anything to commemorate this historic event? Do you think they will have special addition of the Watchtower? A block party at the headquarters in New York? Souvenir mugs and book bags? I mean this is big, they have to be planning something big for it..........right?

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Souvenir t-shirts would be nice!

• Caedes
    Caedes

As funny as the witnesses are for thinking jebus returned in 1914 I think it is even funnier that some christians still think jebus is coming back over 2000 years after the romans did him in. I would think that is the dictionary definition of wishful thinking.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Well you have to remember that Christ only "turned his attention towards the earth", the "last days" began then, and Satan was "hurled to the earth" in that year. Oh wait, maybe they'll celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the End of the Gentile Times! Yeah! Invisibly!

• oompa
    oompa

There is huge l.e.d. lighted display being made for the top of the main WT building that faces the Brooklyn Bridge that says: "The Centenial of Christs Return Is Here, The End Is Very, Very, Very Near"............................................oompa

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    There is huge l.e.d. lighted display being made for the top of the main WT building that faces the Brooklyn Bridge that says: "The Centenial of Christs Return Is Here, The End Is Very, Very, Very Near"

Really?? Got a pic??

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Really?? Got a pic??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit