Wouldn't God have been more accurate in providing prophecies to JW's?

by Quirky1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The failing prophecies, ever changing rules and regulations, new light, etc..

Waddya think?

• Honesty
    Honesty

No.

It is all a test of their loyalty to him.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    It is all a test of their loyalty to him???

????

• garybuss
    garybuss

The thing that makes the Watch Tower Corporation's attempt to run a religion stand out as stupid, is their policy of promising tangible benefits to people while they are living. Traditional religion promises intangible benefits to people after they are dead. That's MUCH smarter.

That's why traditional religion is so much more successful than the Witness movement. If there's any failures in promised benefits with traditional religions, there's nobody to complain (or know). Meanwhile many traditional religions I see in my town try to make friends by sponsoring social things and inviting the community, operating nursing homes, hospitals, schools, shelters, and free kitchens.

The Witnesses criticize my good friends in the churches while the Witnesses go out of their way to piss people off. If there's a god directing the Witnesses, she's an idiot!

• Honesty
    Honesty

????

Quirky1

Here's how it works, Quirky.

God gives the JW's bad info and then waits to see how loyal they are in following his bad info.

If they are loyal enough, he gives them some more bad info just to see if they'll remain loyal to him even when the new info turns out to be just as bad as all the previous info.

• oompa
    oompa

YES he would. There is no such thing as NEW LIGHT ever occuring in the Bible...there is not a single instance of Jehovah letting those in his earthly orginazations (barf) in the Bible teach falsehoods he provided them....and then later saying "well guys, I've let you teach this falsehood long enough, so here is the real truth about this matter"......just never happend

And of course the term NEW LIGHT is not in the Bible either, but neither is the concept

Why would God "guide and direct" Jw's to preach for over half a century that people who saw the events of 1914 would never die off before Armageddon comes? Why have them teach a lie for so long? He wouldn't.........and geeze don't say "oh the FDS is imperfect men"....because all the Bible writers were imperfect and they never taught falsehoods that needed the CYA addition of NEW LIGHT..........oompa

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yeah, see, the light gets brighter, as the scripture says. Of course, that scripture had nothing to do with God's revealing info to guys in Brooklyn, but you can cherry pick any verse to say what you want it to say. And if you repeat it enough, no one even bothers to examine the context.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I guess He is being drinking lot of wine and He is getting kind of confused regarding the accuracy of the prophecies He is being giving for the past 150 years to the FDS...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    The Witnesses criticize my good friends in the churches while the Witnesses go out of their way to piss people off. If there's a god directing the Witnesses, she's an idiot!
    YES he would. There is no such thing as NEW LIGHT ever occuring in the Bible...there is not a single instance of Jehovah letting those in his earthly orginazations (barf) in the Bible teach falsehoods he provided them....and then later saying "well guys, I've let you teach this falsehood long enough, so here is the real truth about this matter"......just never happend

Gary, you crack me up!!

Oompa, my thoughts exactly!!

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Good point, oompa. It's a total C.Y.A. move.

If you read Proverbs chapter 4 in its entirety and with an open mind, there's no way you could conclude that verse 18 is talking about changes in doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit