an old thread but does anyone know the answer?

by still wondering 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still wondering
    still wondering

"Who out there has that quote from the WT about how since the catholic church claims to be the way of salvation for millions of people that they should be ready to, essentially, debate the issue, defend their position? If it's right for the catholic church, then it's even more right for the WTB&TS, who claims to speak directly for GOD!"

• joebin
    joebin

Jesus never shyed away from defending his positions and it seems like the apostles did the same, according to the bible, that is. If it's the truth then what's the problem. The stance they take that you shouldn't question and debate (them) is ridiculous and contrary to the teachings of the bible. The bible encourages it.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

1984 "The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism." {AWAK Aug 22 1984 28}

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Jehovahs Witness's are cult do you forget this fact, they don't like to have their minds think unless the GB does it for them.

• still wondering
    still wondering

Civics

Many thanks for that. I just checked it out. Here is the full quote...

"We

surelywerenottryingtotakecheapshotsatthepopeortheCatholicChurch,norwerewecriticizingCatholics.TheCatholicChurchoccupiesaverysignificantpositionintheworldandclaimstobethewayofsalvationforhundredsofmillionsofpeople.Anyorganizationthatassumesthatpositionshouldbewillingtosubmittoscrutinyandcriticism. Allwhocriticizehavetheobligationtobetruthfulinpresentingthefactsandfairandobjectiveinassessingsuch.Inbothrespectswetrytoliveuptothatobligation."

The WTS's hypocrisy is so bare faced, so monumental I keep asking myself why did it take me 60 years to see it?

As a previous poster, Focus, once stated,

I wish THE WORLD TO KNOW that the Watchtower Society and the Creed of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a CHEAT, a 100% SCAM, a WICKED TRICK, a FILTHY LIE, a BLASPHEMOUS INSULT, a SCANDAL, a FRAUD, a DISGRACE, an ABOMINATION and a DAMNED OUTRAGE from start to finish.

• still wondering
    still wondering

sorry about the formatting. not sure what went wrong there.

• still wondering
    still wondering

I'll try again

"WesurelywerenottryingtotakecheapshotsatthepopeortheCatholicChurch,norwerewecriticizingCatholics.TheCatholicChurchoccupiesaverysignificantpositionintheworldandclaimstobethewayofsalvationforhundredsofmillionsofpeople.Anyorganizationthatassumesthatpositionshouldbewillingtosubmittoscrutinyandcriticism.Allwhocriticizehavetheobligationtobetruthfulinpresentingthefactsandfairandobjectiveinassessingsuch.Inbothrespectswetrytoliveuptothatobligation."

• still wondering
    still wondering

i give up.

• joebin
    joebin

please do..hehe

• possible-san
    possible-san
    *** g84 8/22 p. 28 From Our Readers ***

We surely were not trying to take cheap shots at the pope or the Catholic Church, nor were we criticizing Catholics.
    The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people.
    Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism. All who criticize have the obligation to be truthful in presenting the facts and fair and objective in assessing such.
    In both respects we try to live up to that obligation.—ED.

We are thankful if you "start a new line."

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit