Do You Have "Normal" Goals Now?

by compound complex 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi there:

Have you developed new interests and goals now that you're no longer a Kingdom-oriented JW?

Or just picking up where you left off before you became a Witness?

And without the guilt...?

Thank you.

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi CoCo.

I plan on finishing my degree in History, even if it takes one class per week!

Thank you for asking.

Sylvia

• R.F.
    R.F.

Kind of picking up where I left off before JWs. I was in college when I got baptized at 20 then dropped out to pursue "more important spiritual goals". Now that i've walked away from the religion i'm back in school.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Kind of picking up where I left off before JWs. I was in college when I got baptized at 20, now that i've walked away from the religion i'm back in school.

Good for you, Little Big Brother!

Sylvia

• R.F.
    R.F.

And good for you too Little Big Sister.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Sylvia and R.F., for your replies.

Good for you, Sylvia, even if your goal's achieved with baby steps!

Don't we just love history?

Are you aware that Bible history [non-history] is being revised? It really blows the WT perspective of biblical inerrancy out of the water.

R.F:

Kind of picking up where I left off before JWs. I was in college when I got baptized at 20 then dropped out to pursue "more important spiritual goals". Now that i've walked away from the religion i'm back in school. Exactly the same for me, but at 19 years old. Is 40 years later too late to pick up the threads?!?!?!? Gratefully, CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Are you aware that Bible history [ non-history ] is being revised? It really blows the WT perspective of biblical inerrancy out of the water.

Yes, I am aware of that. I'm exploring all avenues. I like reading at the link below because its purpose is scholarly, not necessarily religious.

http://www.biblemysteries.com/

Sylvia

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes,

Now I am applying to Grad School, and I hope to have kids by the time I am 41! (A few years late, but not too late)

• Robert7
    Robert7

I also applied for grad school. Start my MBA program in January. This is directly tied to leaving the cult, because I 'never had time' before due to being 'so busy'.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sylvia:

Thank you for the link; it's marked to Favorites.

A@G and Robert:

Here're congratulations and wishing you every success!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit