It's just dawned on me...

by Billygoat 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

closer2fine: where would you like me to bite you babe?

ashitaka: I like asses.

Billygoat:

sorry for being jerky towards you. sometimes I act stupid. I'm really sorry about your relationship with your dad. Maybe if you try to find a common ground with him, well its just a thought. I loved my dad very much (I lost him a couple of years back) and I don't know what I would have done without his love and advise. I wish you had the same. I think communication is done better in person, instead of by email. Hope someday you two can patch things up.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

"ashitaka: I like asses."

well, just in case you're jonesing to plunge a watchtower into mine, try your own first.

ashi

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

BTW, at least you apologized, YOYO. Please just don't make hurtful comments in the first place and you might be appreciated here.

ashi

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

ashitaka: ouch that hurts!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Billygoat,

Reading your touching post really bought to mind the infamous scripture in 2 Tim 3:3 that the WTS gleefully applies to everybody but themselves, ‘No natural affection’, NWT, ‘no normal human affections’, Phillips.

The WTS has clearly juxtaposed themselves between the natural affection a father has for his daughter. He obviously loves your dearly Billygoat and feels that he is helping you by taking this action, that actually defies true love. It must be very hard for him as well.

The reality is that if the WTS said it was permissible for him to show you the love and affection you desire, he would show it warmly. They control his affections. He is probably struggling hard himself to understand what has happened to his family and battling the cognitive-dissonace that most JW’s have to grapple with.

Be patient, Billygoat, time is a great healer and is also camping around the theology of the WTS, which it has laid siege to, and which the WTS will not survive.

Kindest regards -- HS

• JBean
    JBean

Andi... you're post made me cry, esp. at the end... I know that I'd get the same reaction from my folks if I told them I was "finished" and movin' on. Hang in there.

Hey YoYo: her dad's reaction was EXACTLY what I referred to in my last comment on a different thread to you: "..... sorry... can't DO anything... not my place to DO anything... it's up to Jehovah to forgive you... blah, blah, blah." Bunch of nonsense if you ask me. OF COURSE he could forgive her (not that she needs much forgiveness anyway...) if he actually TOOK SOME RESPONSIBILITY for himself! JBean

• target
    target

Andi:
    Before I logged on today, I was thinking about how guilty I feel for having raised my son in the borg, although he is out now. And then I started thinking about parents who shun their DF children for years, and what if eventually those parents come to their senses and get out of the borg themselves. Can you imagine the guilt they would feel? But then that is one more thing that would keep them in the borg, not wanting to face that kind of guilt.

Target

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

YoYoMama,

Ash is right; resist the temptation to make hurtful comments and you might gain some respect, both for you, and maybe even your religion. If your number two post in this thread had been your number one, imagine how well you would have shone in the eyes of those posting here. People could say: there's someone who shows the holy spirit guided nature that witnesses are supposed to have which I never saw when I was in the witnesses. Too often, they experienced response number one, which more often than not is why they're here and not still in the Kingdom Halls.

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Yoyo - thank you for the apology. I appreciate it.

sieg's wife - I know there are many out there that truly understand my experience. This board has been such an eye-opener and a life-saver for me. I'm relieved and yet saddened that so many of you know the pain associated with a DF or a DA from this organization. I'm very sorry that you've had to grow through this too!

HS - Coming from a man that is probably close to my fathers age, I certainly appreciate your wisdom. I try to imagine my father one day having your knowledge and discernment and kindness. As you mentioned, time is a good healer...I do know that. But patience is a virtue that I struggle with. I want to believe that someday my father will leave the organization...but I have resigned myself to the belief that I shall not be the person to pull him from it. Thank you for your encouragement and kind words!

JBean - don't cry. But your right about the accountability issue - when forgiveness is for Jehovah to do and the Satan is misleading you to sin, there is no accountability anywhere.

Andi

• more2C
    more2C

((((Andi))))

I once had an "wordly" English teacher that told our class that, "It is God's job to forgive." I didn't understand that at the time, but we all make mistakes and need to ask God to forgive us. I think the hardest part is forgiving ourselves first then we can forgive others. I always think of the Lord's Prayer, when it comes to forgiveness.

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit