Cross, Knife and Gun

by moomanchu 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

My dad says "if someone shot and killed your wife, would you put the gun on a wall, make a replica of it and
    hang it around your neck? That's how stupid Christendom is with the cross."

What would have happened to his knife
    if Abraham was allowed to kill his son Issac ?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

The argument hold weight- until you consider that Christians believe Jesus came to earth to die for our sins.

Therefore the symbol is of a predetermined fate and should be celebrated.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Therefore the symbol is of a predetermined fate and should be celebrated.

Agreed.

If your wife was shot and killed with a gun and was then ressurected 3 days later with immortality and special powers I think I might hang that gun on a wall.

(This of course assumes you love your wife.)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't wear crosses or guns around my neck. Does it have to be either or? I would like to wear a FSM fish, though

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What is FSM fish ?

• oompa
    oompa

i say the nails would have killed him....not the cross.......but wtf does it matter.......nobody knows for sure or can prove it either way....romans used the cross to execute people for christs sake...irony there btw...does it even matter??................oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus "Dined on a Steak".....JesusEating FastJesus.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    does it even matter??................oompa

Only to the dubs.

The way ancient people might have thought.... If Abraham killed his son with that knife and he was then ressurected, I'm sure that knife would have been viewed

in some sort of Lord of the Rings sword of Narsil shrine.

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

If your wife died for the worlds sin then sure I would wear it on my neck :)

• yknot
    yknot

Arrgggg...... what a stupid arguement!

Even when I was a good lil dubbie I didn't begrudge persons who wore Crosses or had little fishy emblems denoting Xtianity!

It is about sacrifice made for all, the start of the new covenant and fullfillment of the old..... Jesus said to expect the same persecution so it also serves as a reminder to stay faithful!

The whole cross issue comes from the WTS beef back with the RCC under Rutherford......

Sounds like something Clayton help cook up!

Yeah..... the WTS is SOOOOO concerned about VENERATION.... just look for proof in their baptism about how concerned they are!

Wedding rings & Pinatas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit