I Thought I Saw Jesus Cano Today

by Jeremy C 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

If you are like me, every once in a while, you will remember a fond memory from your JW days. Perhaps you see a person at a store that reminds you of a kindly grandparent figure in a congregation you once attended. Maybe a song on the radio will bring back memories of hanging out and having fun with certain friends. I have these memories often.

However, you can imagine my chagrin when I walked into a donut shop today and swore that I spotted Jesus Canobehind the counter. Many of you remember the highly publicized case of Jesus Cano; the Bethel Elder / aspiring film maker / boy enthusiast who was arrested about two years ago.

The creepy mugshot of the Latin Gilligan-looking Cano was something that I thought I had exorcised out of my mind until I was reminded of it again today. The man behind the counter could have been Cano’s twin brother.

I spotted the security camera in the corner of the shop, and could not help thinking about those news images of Cano fiddling with his camera in his Bethel room. The man seemed just a bit too friendly too; which only added to my heebie-jeebies. Even the donut chain’s name ( Yum Yum Donuts ) added to the the ickiness of the situation. I’m glad I didn’t ask him if their buns were fresh.

I couldn’t wait to pay and get out of there. I would however like to acknowledge Yum Yum Donuts for giving me a free stroll down morbidity memory lane with my purchase. Gee, thanks.

I’m sorry if this thread seems a little ill-natured, but have any you had anything weird like this happen since leaving the borg?

• abbagail
    abbagail

Not so far, but that is the dumbest sounding name for a donut shop I ever heard.

So childish. Seems the owners could have come up with something better than that. ;-/

And sorry for the icky gross almost run in w/ Cano... wasn't he one of the pervs?

• purplesofa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit