Hi my names josephus, and i am an apostate.

by josephus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Its different because those religions do not teach the basic truth. For example: Catholics teach the trinity, which is not biblical. That's just one example.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

You need to do some real investigations about what other religions believe. You are parroting the standard JW 'none of those religions teach the basic bible truths' line we've ALL heard WAY too many times. JWs teach their interpretation of the bible, which as we can see a) has been wrong many times in the past, b) changes constantly, and c) is some man's/men's idea about the bible. Why should I think that their current interpretation is any more valid than the one they had 100 years ago? 50 years ago? Or the one they'll have in 25 years?

BTW, ALL the current beleifs the JW holds have been or are taught by other religions. The truely is 'nothing new under the sun' to borrow a bible phrase.

You going to still cling to those old codgers in Brooklyn when they rip 1914 out from under you? Because I can garauntee you that they will change that in the future. They've already 'backed off' from using that date so much. They know it's wrong, and just can't get out of it.

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

Hey YOYoMama, but you were only a kid in 1975 (if my intuition is right)

Did you help spread the 'goodnews' series of tracts? The final warning .. CO's fired us with speculation that the last one would just say something like Ha Ha you're dead! .. Did you cancel regular magazine routes if they refused a 6 month truth book/bible study? (like that didn't confuse a householder or 100,000 lol) Did you ever cancel bible studies that were taking too long to reach baptism? (the best thing for them really but i remmember several householders distraught at the thought of being left to thier fate when Jehovah's big crack came calling. lol)

Pionneering my youth away in the early 70's was great fun at the time but looking back was just silly. (and embarrassing to remmember) but living and breathing that way in 2001 is just plain ridiculous. YoYo, you gotta spend more time down the beach .. the one place few JW's go

Sure Catholics teach the Trinity, the whole world has loopy ideas about religion. A polish friend of mine went into a two hour non-stop anti-catholic anti-religion discourse yesterday .. He's very entertaining and knowledgable about the ways of ignorant sods he calls 'the black masses'. (that is most of the worlds population seduced into thinking thier politics and religion are doing them any good)

Jehovah's Witnesses are just another stupid little american cult .. a no thought required, drive through, would you like to fry with that?, religion if ever there was one.

unclebruce who ain't a preacher and therefore don't need to prove a thing

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey UncleBruce,I already told yo-yo to go to the beach heh-heh,but she did`nt seem to like the idea!..MERRY CHRISTMAS...OUTLAW

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

Thankx outlaw,

yeah the beach really messes with yer suit and i used to hate getting sand in my bible .. there's something about JW's and the ocean .. maybe all those stories of Noah getting swallowed by a whale and Jesus walking out to save him and stuff ..

Merry Christmas!

Outlaw advised YoYoMama: "walk west till yer hat floats!" I guess that's an invite to the beach .. ROTFLMBathersOff!

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott
    Its different because those religions do not teach the basic truth. For example: Catholics teach the trinity, which is not biblical. That's just one example.

Translation, "that's different, because their lies are more worser than ours!".

Tell me, is this "basic bible truth" to which you refer:

"Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really "gospel," or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." --The Watchtower, May 1 1981, page 17.

'Cause I don't remember any mention of "1914" in Paul's gospel, which he elucidated at 1 Cor 15:1-4 and 2 Tim 2:8.

However I do remember Paul saying that anyone preaching a gospel different from his would be "eternally condemned". (Gal 1:8)

TS,

Did the Watchtower Society "support" the scarlet beast of Revelation?
    : http://www.geocities.com/watchtowersociety/beast.htm

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

G'day TS,

So what's your point?

==='Cause I don't remember any mention of "1914" in Paul's gospel, which he elucidated at 1 Cor 15:1-4 and 2 Tim 2:8.===

Paul was just plain anti-jesus (as opposed to anti-christ .. at least it suited his anti-nazarine agenda to build the Christ myth around the latest anti-rome, jewish matyr) Paul? hmph! .. that bronze age murderer didn't even know his BC from his AD.

===However I do remember Paul saying that anyone preaching a gospel different from his would be "eternally condemned". (Gal 1:8)===

Yep, see above lol. (this edict was primarily directed against Jesus followers of course and the disciples of Jesus brother James)

unclebruce, scattering 2 cents worth of history seed on this parched and rocky ground lol.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

UncleBruce,

My point was pretty much the same as yours, that **Jehovah's Witnesses are just another stupid little american cult**

I find it funny when a jw argues that all other religions are false because of their doctrinal error, but the jws are right in spite of theirs. This argument always boils down to 'their lies are worse than ours'. Too funny.

TS,

Did the Watchtower Society "support" the scarlet beast of Revelation?
    : http://www.geocities.com/watchtowersociety/beast.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wiz

That's the funniest one from you that i've read. Maybe if freddie had tried a little hand over hand on himself, he wouldn't have been so crazy. Instead, it all went up into his head and blew a bunch of cells.

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

G'day Trevor,

Nice to meet you. Yes, sad isn't it. The Americans led the way in killing thier own God when they removed the mystic in thier religions by trying to rationalize the incomprehensible nature of God who is supposed to exist beyond our space and time.

I don't believe in a biblical God but shared a coffee last week with a christian posting here called ozziepost. He made the point about God being beyond our space and time and it really makes for refreshing thought.

cheers, unclebruce.

WIZ: ==="AAAAAAAAnnnnnnnDDDDDDd whyyyyyYYYYYYYyyyyyyy did God choose the faithful and discrete slaAAAAAAAAaaaavvvvvvvVVVVVVVve?" -more like the discredited slave. He probably tried taking over heaven when he got there. The guy had all the advice on sex, but never even used his penis, well 'cept to piss with. -on our heads!===

Hillarious! and ooooooOOOOOOO sooooooo true.
    You do great post.

regards, unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit