Kingdom Hall Interiors

by TheMan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I think you're on to something loosie. Perhaps they just spun the colour wheel and used whatever colour it landed on!

• loosie
    loosie

I think they are smoking holy spirit when they choose the colors.

Colors like orange and red are suppossed to make you want to get out of there quicker. That's why fast food resturants are usually in those hot colors.

green and blue is calming and relaxing.

Pink calms down prisoners.

Since JW's are prisoners they should make the interiors PINK.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

! TheMan, if you're still around, we might very well know each other -- I was in that Hall as a child! And we're also around the same age, so I bet we know each other or at least know of each other. I have some juicy updates on it if you're interested...

And I actually always thought the building was really pretty as a child. I loved the huge chandelier and the rich wood paneling all over. It looked much nicer than most other Halls from the outside, too. And I loved the favorite game of all the children, where we would sneak away from our parents and dare each other to go "down into the elders' room." (Our version of the "backroom" for JCs was an office in the basement. How delightfully spooky to young ones!)

Oh, and treadnh2o, the merger news isn't quite as good as you think it is, sorry to say. Yes, there were several mergers in the area, including making North and South Manchester all one congregation, but all they really did beyond that was add additional meeting times at the South Windsor "mega-Hall." So it's still the same number of people, just more concentrated in one spot, with meetings running concurrently in different spaces within the Hall. And also, they actually built a new Hall in Hartford for more Spanish-language congregations, so there's definitely still growth going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit