The greatest anniversary gift I ever received

by JW Walking Away 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away

Just a little note, my husband was never a JW or ever expressed any interest in becoming one. He just quietly and patiently waited for me to come to my senses.

On Thanksgiving my little family celebrated our first Thanksgiving.This day also happened to be my 11th wedding anniversary. I cooked a large dinner for my little family and made sure to have everyone's favorite foods on the table. My girls helped me the best they could and my son hung out with his dad. At dinner the kids presented my husband and me with anniversary cards they had made themselves. Then I got the best present ever.

Before we began to eat my husband said we need to say a prayer. I said ok, expecting him to ask me to say the prayer or one of the kids like usual. Instead he said he was going to say it! I was so elated, this was the first time my husband has ever led us in prayer. And the prayer was so beautiful, I think, cause it was all from his heart and revealed so much to me as to how God is working on my husband's heart.

We, as a family, are definitely becoming stronger spiritually. God and Jesus have become a part of our day to day conversation. Where as before God was a hushed word I would whisper but now my husband and I (and the children) freely talk about God in our lives. We can now say things like how blessed we are, outwardly thank the Lord, or turn to each other in times of stress and relate how we must lean and trust in God. It's just so refreshing.

Just thought I share my joy. I'm still excited about that day.

• sacolton
    sacolton

That's wonderful! The LORD does work in mysterious ways. Can't wait until your first Christmas morning story!!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Thanks for sharing this story! I could just imagine the events!

That's just so wonderful that you are all coming together like that. Praise God!

• carla
    carla

That is wonderful and Happy Anniversary! May I say as a ubm (like your husand used to be) he may think God was finally working in your heart (not the other way around) and he had been waiting all that time to finally be able to say a prayer you as a jw would not ignore or have to take a walk to the bathroom to avoid praying with him. Either way, congratulations on your escape from the cult.

• sacolton
    sacolton
    That is wonderful and Happy Anniversary! May I say as a ubm (like your husand used to be) he may think God was finally working in your heart (not the other way around) and he had been waiting all that time to finally be able to say a prayer you as a jw would not ignore or have to take a walk to the bathroom to avoid praying with him. Either way, congratulations on your escape from the cult.

I agree 100%

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

How sweet!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That was beautiful

• mouthy
    mouthy

It does joy to my heart to read your post. Thank you for sharing a very encouraging moment in your little family's life.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Congratulations on all the wonderful blessings in your life! I am so glad you escaped too! Isn't life wonderful when you can truly live it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit