by jolly_green_giant 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Yo Yo.

That's right. no mind reading here,
    but a good mind fucking is acceptable.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hmmm. Smoking was considered a sign of immaturity during the 50's, I recall going for tea with a remnant lady 'bout '56 and my dad apologised for going outside for a smoke of his pipe. She said it's fine by me, Ducky, (Yeah, Ducky!)its Jehovah who is viewing you as unclean.

I think it only became a DF'able offence in the 70's, though.

Englisssshman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Greetings Jolly,

Yes the smoking ban came about in 1973. The smokers were given six months to quit. If they didn't quit at the end of the grace period they would be called before a judicial committee. A number in our congregation were canned for smoking. In fact for serveral years after 1973 more folks were canned for smoking than for breaking the Watch Tower Vatican's sexual morality codes.

I have heard that the reason the Watch Tower was tolerant of smoking for so many years was because Big Joe Rutherford smoked. Does anyone have any information on "Judge" Rutherford's use of tobacco?

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Yerusalym, You may be right abut 1925 I believe its that or 1928 but 1925 could be, you know with Abraham, David, and whoever else was suppose to appear and live in San Diego they probably stopped Xmas because it would bother Abraham's sensibilities. He was into child sacrifice and celebrating the birth of someone he didn't know wouldn't be accepted, so Joe took his head out of his ass (he was getting hindsight)and did away with Xmas celebrations. However I don't believe they did away with drinking, lying, and other cultish habits. Buff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit