They Killed Their Neighbors - Warning to those who above this

by Dogpatch 21 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

This reminds me of the Dubs calling people "birdfood" and "walking corpses." Dehumanizing them to make mass destruction at Armageddon more palateable. But I do believe that, if called upon, they wouldn't hesitate to kill.

Serena

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This sort of mentality has driven mankind for millenia. The us/them mentality is the primary reason that man has organized into nations - better to make war. Homo-Sapiens have become a vicious bunch, always looking for a fight. Not to say there is not a lot of good in the world - but the group think mentality is everywhere, and most are completely unaware of how they are taken in by this thinking until they are committing acts they would not think of individually. Thank you Randy for posting.

• bebu
    bebu

I don't think group identification requires meetings or formal admission.

Looks like all the posters on this thread are forming an "us", for example. It's just natural, and I think it's okay.

But, group behavior can be very dangerous if people feel permission to do what they otherwise would never do alone. We must stand guard, always.

bebu

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

most are completely unaware of how they are taken in by this thinking until they are committing acts they would not think of individually.

Yes, it happens even on JWD! Individuals who would normally be tolerant of others gang up to bully someone. Why? Their classic minute of power.

Randy

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Yes, isn't it interesting that after realizing how this organization turned people seeking Christian ideals and love into judgemental elitists that those same people can so easily return to those unwanted traits. You would think that after an eye-opening event such as that that their consciousnesses would have evolved to a much higher degree. We should always be wary of the "Us" vs "Them" type of thinking. Love and acceptance of our differences is what life should be about.

Thank you for your post, Randy.

I agree with many of the other posters. I find it difficult to join anything that smacks of organizational tactics.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I joined a "secret society" just to slap the Washtowel in the face. That "secret society" has among its kingpins the concept of "individual rights", which transcend anything about black, gay, women's, or anything else rights. Individual rights means everyone, regardless of categories that they may be pigeonholed into, has the same rights and responsibilities as anyone else. There is no disrespect of those outside the "secret society"--in fact, initiatory force, threat of force, and/or fraud against another person (even an "outsider") or their property is the only absolutely forbidden act.

As such, I refuse to join another religion that requires whole-souled belief in the system. If I am going to join another religion, it will be solely because it has value to me that exceeds the cost. If a church is going to help me fit in with the community and create value, whether or not I actually go along with the teachings, then I might look into joining for that reason alone. But, if they are going to push a me versus them attitude, I will not.

• ninja
    ninja

shut up randy or else.....he he.....ninja

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, it happens even on JWD! Individuals who would normally be tolerant of others gang up to bully someone. Why? Their classic minute of power.

Randy

I've seen it all my life in every group.

Sylvia

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Having given slide talks to may JW congregations, and then years later having spoken in many churches and worked with pastors/elders, you will find the same thing, as it is human nature. People often shuffle others around to make themselves look good. We are still very primal creatures; contrary to what civilization would have us believe. :-))

Be an iconoclast. Make a difference. Love people, not idealogies and movements.

Ninja is da bomb.

Dogz

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The propaganda machine portrays the victim group as less than human.

Thus, in dubspeak, "wordly" people are goats, or (as someone said above) bird food, or corpses. Even the expression "wordly" carries a strong sense of disdain as used by many dubs. And what about introducing your non-JW sibling as "my fleshly sister" so other dubs won't think the sibling is worthy of real respect.

That's why seemingly "normal" people who become dubs soon disown their families when those relatives refuse to buy into the dub club mindset. They are encouraged to view them as already dead, and many do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit