JW's and Others Take Heed - Child Abuse is Masked Behind Respectability

by flipper 30 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

It's well been stated before when a pedophile has been found out molesting someone's child that friends and family can't believe how the allegedly "Joe the respectable " friend , father, pastor, elder or MS , could possibly be molesting a child ! Many times it shocks the hell out of people because the child abuse was kept well hidden from others ! Outwardly the molester appeared " normal " and put on a good facade and front - but what happens inside people's homes in private many times is much more dangerous than anybody would suspect.

2 cases in point here in the Sacramento, California area . The first case a stepfather just committed murder-suicide on himself, his wife, and 2 small children . A 14 year old daughter escaped ; only because child protection services found out 10 days before the murder she was being molested by the stepfather - so they took her out of that home and placed her under protective care ! Why they didn't take the other children- I don't know. Apparently school officials had found the 14 year old girl's inch thick journal describing 2 years of child abuse at the hands of her stepfather ! School officials contacted authorities after " seeing her journal that day, following rules that require them to report their suspicions". The school principal stated this, " I'll be honest with you, I had mixed emotions about reporting this, " explaining that he did not want to throw the teen's life further into turmoil on the eve of Thanksgiving week . He stated, " You've got a great student who's here all the time , studying, laughing, " he added . " You just don't know what's going on at home . " For this young woman - the fact that others paid attention to hints and details saved her life !

The 2nd case a young man , 17 years old in Tracy , California had apparently been staying with a man and woman, aged 34 and 30 who also had 4 small children, aged 9, 7, 3, and 1 year old. Monday afternoon this 17 year old boy was found running down the street in his boxer shorts, shackled at the ankles , bleeding profusely from his back ! He ran into a health club where startled clients were exercising !! He yelled out , " Can you hide me ? Can you hide me ? " The police took himto the hospital where after treatment he was given to Child Protection Services . The police arrested the caregivers - the man and woman and sent the other 4 children to Child Protection Services ! But the strange part of this is notice the neighbors reaction !! One lady whose grandaughters had played at the teenagers house said , " It really upset me that this happened. You feel like you've been lied to. Why didn't we see something " ? Neighbors could not figure out how they missed so much for so long !

So apearances are deceptive. If only Jehovah's Witnesses would be more on the lookout for the safety and protection of their children - perhaps we would see less child abuse in the hidden abodes of people's homes ! So I say this to lurking Jehovah's Witnesses and everybody - trust your instincts ; if you suspect that a child is possibly being abused - please look into it. The life you save may be the life of a fine young person who will have the chance of being a great citizen in society - all because you and I had the courage to speak up and get involved. Peace out to all - let's help the children ! Mr. Flipper

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Such good advice. We have one child that is still young when he wants to have a friend over, I will invite the whole family over or at least the mom. I think it's only fair that they can check us out, see where we live, meet my husband and other kids. I think you have put it out there on the table that you are someone who is aware. Even when I have checked someone out so to speak, tell your kids to trust their instincts and what is proper adult/ child relationship. Then I always give him a cell phone and say mom can be here in 5 minutes if I have to be.

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE KOOL AID- That is great that you put it right out there to other families to see what your own family is all about. Inviting the family over as well. And it's great to educate your children on what to look out for and for them to know they can contact you within 5 minutes anywhere at their age. Great job mom ! Hope lots of other parents do the same

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think you've made a valid point here Flipper, many families that get involved with religions such as the JWs think that just because they are among

a righteously minded group of people that their children are absolutely safe within that group, more so than outside of it.

Not exactly the case as we now know, the acknowledged fact is that pedophiles like being involved with religions just like the JWS, because it offers them

a indiscreet hiding place , an association that covers them with a white sheet of righteousness so to speak.

Its a false determiner to place confidence in people regarding the security and protection of children simply because you get to slightly know them from a Kingdom Hall or church.

I know and remember people there that were lets say less than wholesome, nevertheless they seemed to have covered themselves well with that goodness of spiritual righteousness,

and everyone there deemed them safe and responsible.

All responsible adults with or without children should be aware of this fact, Jesus redeems all sins and there are certain people out there that wagering heavily on that

so be aware.

• donny
    donny

Not exactly the case as we now know, the acknowledged fact is that pedophiles like being involved with religions just like the JWS, because it offers them

a indiscreet hiding place , an association that covers them with a white sheet of righteousness so to speak.

Homerovah, that is a great observation that many do not see. I heard a Catholic Priest on a local talk show recently and he pretty much said the same thing. He said people often blame celibacy as a root cause for the many acts of child abuse that have occured within its ranks, but he said that has nothing to do with. He stated that "a long time ago" people with this defect discovered that the Priesthood was the perfect place to engage in this type of behavior because of the cloak of righteosness and trust that came with the job. Back in the day, no one would ever believe that such things could happen to their kids from men of the cloth, and therefore they often sent their children into the lions den and had no idea.

• flipper
    flipper

HOMEROVAH- Very true what you say. Many pedophiles seek these religions out where there is a lot of gullible trust going on between people. And they hide themselves behind a mask of " alleged " righteousness. I saw a lot of that in shady types of individuals when I was a witness.

DONNY- Good point what the Catholic priest stated. These pedophiles have reached out for priesthood just to be close to the children so they can abuse them. And the unsuspecting families don't have a clue. That same scenario can and has played out in the Jehovah's Witnesses with men reaching out for elder or ministerial servants - and later it's found out they spent an inordinate amount of time with children - and only too late it's discovered the children were molested . Too much gullible trust in authority figures ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I would like to tell you of someone near and dear to me who is hurting very much because of something her child son had done. When my friends had settled into their new home they invited the family that helped them move to their new home. All were enjoying a lovely evening of super and conversation. My friends have a son of 17yrs. and the guests had a small five yr. old son as well. My friends son took the small boy down stairs where no one else was. He took this small child into the washroom and molested him. The small boy let out a loud scream and was crying and crying and when he finally reached his mothers arms he said mommy mommy.........hurt me. He put his penis in my bum. Well needless to say this turned the evening into chaos. Nothing in my friends home would ever be the same ever again. Nor for that little boy and his family's life again. It destroyed two family's and friendships. The son was just a fraction off from his 18th birthday and was tried as a juvenile and was sent to a home and was under strict supervision at all times. For two years he stayed there. He has since left that place and I saw him twice in 10 years once when he was at my wedding and again at my husbands funeral. It devastated his parents because he can't bring himself to talk to them and he won't see them because they will not allow him to bring his male companion to my friends home. That is all they ask of him that he respect their wishes by not bringing his companion, and so he hasn't been to his parents home in years. They telephone him and leave messages but he doesn't respond. He does speak with his youngest sister though. As for the victim I am not sure what happened to him. I am hoping he got help and support. And a lot of love and understanding from his family; As for my friends they are lost as to know what to do with their son, they can't make him visit and they can't make him change his life style. So it appears there is a stalemate. my son keeps in touch with the son as they have been buds since they were 5 and 3 my son was floored when he realized his best friend was gay, but it is okay with my son, they still sometimes go out for lunch and talk on the phone and so he kind of keeps us in the know about him. Yes this family were JW's, but we all left at the same time the organization, they left for one reason and I left for my own reasons. It is too bad we can't turn back the clock of time and then we could have done things differently. Damn it sometimes just damn it.. Orangefatcat

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Mr. Flipper, is the first case the same as this one? http://www.silentlambs.org/Lafathermurder.htm If so, did the second case involve jws too?

• shamus100
    shamus100

The main problem with JW's and child molestation is not that child molesters are in the congregation, it's that they get protected from ridiculous laws out of a bible. Jehovahs Witnesses throw out common sense, and bring themselves above mans law.

They are just as guilty too, IMO.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sad but interesting story Orangecat, its important to remember pedophilia does occur outside of any religious association in a social connection.

With juveniles its acknowledged that doing something as bad and to this degree is highly excitable of an act to try and a get away with right underneath

the authority of parents near by and this may have been the case here. Sounds to me this fellow came to realize his own sexuality in a most damaging and regrettable way

something he probably realizes for himself now.

I hope the child has grow up without too many emotional scars, being the unfortunate victim of all of this..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit