Field Service Spies

by cameo-d 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I inquired as to the nature of his illness and she said "well, he is impotent".

Hehehe. That's funny. Not pertinent to bible study but could be good info for repoire-building...!

I did not recall that bible study slips were sent to Brooklyn. (Maybe the secretary compilied a list or something but it's news to me.)

My understanding was that Bible Study Slips were turned in monthly to (1) calculate the number of separate studies, and (2) to have basic available to the elder body in the event that something happened to the publisher (death or inactivity) someone could step in and continue the study.

There was nothing remotely connected to 'spying', although it may seem like it if you see people writing notes as they leave your property.

-Aude.

• mustang
    mustang
    This is curious. Did you have to turn in "progress reports" of your studies? Questions they had or challenges? Did you have to make a final report to turn in as explanation to why a person might have discontinued the studies?

No; and as with the other info, JW's (including HQ) is not really in the "census business". All this ever was for was to help you get back to ones who might go further with "the Troof(tm)". That became your personal "database" for making RV's (Return Visits, Back Calls in my day). The NH's (Not @ Homes) also helped for that, too.

It was up to you to develop your own format of using the forms or your own pocket memo pad. The only time I ever encountered any queries on this was when working with the Circuit Overseers (Servants): they would occasionally counsel you on "developing good habits" or would nod approvingly if you already used some recording method.

I've known of publishers to mark down houses with vicious dogs.

The mass of data that you first inquired about would overload NSA's supercomputers.

Mustang

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

turned in my field service monthly report time wise that is, zip 0 zip. Just like its going to be this month.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

There was nothing remotely connected to 'spying', although it may seem like it if you see people writing notes as they leave your property.

Yes, this did indeed occur and may be somewhat partly responsible for my question.

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away
    This is curious. Did you have to turn in "progress reports" of your studies? Questions they had or challenges? Did you have to make a final report to turn in as explanation to why a person might have discontinued the studies?

No, no progress reports but on the same slip you put the title of the book being studied and the date/time the studies are conducted.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In my old hall most of us tried to be discreet and hide behind trees or bushes when writing our notes.

W

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away
    In my old hall most of us tried to be discreet and hide behind trees or bushes when writing our notes.

I remember when I was a young teen and was out in field service with my aunt. I was in charge of writing the not at homes down. She told me to wait until we were away from the house cause people could get upset if they thought we were writing down information about them.
    From then on I felt weird doing it since I figured it couldn't be right if we had to be sneaky about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit